2000 RS EJ20X swap wire-in G4+ Xtreme questions

Megadave

Hello Im almost done wiring an EJ20X with dbw into my 2000 RS. This is my first time using a stand alone, so I'm taking my time to double check everything before starting the car.  I am using:

*G4+ xtreme

*2000 Impreza RS manual

*Stock 04 jdm EJ20X with intake/exhaust AVCS wired and air conditioning 

*GM flex fuel sensor

*Car has been Converted to dbw with stock sensors

*CAN lambda controller on the way

All engine wiring is done using the link manual. I was almost done, but when I was pinning the A/B loom plugs for the Ecu I ran into an issue with the not getting any voltage from the power supply wires coming from the main relay. All fuses are good,The Ignition switch has ACC power and the main relay plug has 12v constant.

I thought the relay may be bad so I have a new one on the way. Though i've been reading that the main relay possibly needs some kind of signal or it won't power the ecu properly?

Im not using ECU hold power wiring to keep it simple. I also plan on using DI 9 or 10 for the lambda . I also haven't hooked up the ignition switch wire yet because the engine is COP. Do I need to bypass it somehow?

IMG_20230420_153306.jpg

IMG_20230509_061553.jpg

Would this car originally have had a 3 plug ecu (like our WRX4), 4 plug (WRX6) or 5 plug (like WRX9)?

Most Subarus have a 12V low current "ign switch" signal that comes into the ecu, then the ecu sends a 12V trigger signal out to the main relay coil, then the main relay switches on and supplies the main ecu power and other devices.  Typically this main relay control would be done with a small extra circuit rather than complicating it by trying to make the ecu do it.  

If its original ecu was similar to one of our subaru plug-in ecus then I will be able to suggest the easiest way to do that.  

Yes this car originally had a 3 plug Ecu harness labeled b134

,b135, b136

The car is a Canadian 2.5rs

The engine was a sohc EJ251 

Also is there a way to send the correct signal to the tachometer? I'm guessing it won't read correctly with coil on plugs?

Ok, assuming your original ecu pinout looks like this one: http://northursalia.com/modifications/misc/wiring/2000ecu1.jpg it is a bit of an odd one that im not all that familiar with.  

The main relay looks simple enough - The ign sw signal was originally pin B135-7, the main relay trigger is pin B135-19, you can just connect these 2 wires together, they dont need to connect to the ecu at all.  The Main power supply from the main relay was originally B136-1 and B136-2, these are the wires that you need to use to power the Link ECU.  

The tacho will work fine, the tacho signal was originally B134-30, connect this to any spare aux output (not an ign or inj drive aux).