Link Thunder with E888 CAN Bug

Mcfly94

Hi guys 

Got a minor can issue that's arisen since the connection of my E888 to CANBUS Network.

The Issue is on CAN2 I have the following devices:

Thunder
ECU Master CANV3
ECU Master UTC
AEM CD5
CANBarra (3rd Part Aussie Ford A/C Integration Module)
Motec E888

The V3 is on base ID 1600 and the Thunder is picking data on 1600 and 1602, I've had this working and reading no issue prior to E888 issue. This same V3 transmits all of its inputs to the AEM CD5 no issue. At the same time the ECU Master UTC has no problem with connection and Light Client is faultless in operation.

Now I have added the Motec E888 on base ID 240 to now monitor EGTS but I noticed when I connect the E888 the ECU has a hissy fit reading the V3; to elaborate CAN AV1 flickers between a value every now and then and also the digital state inputs I'm broadcasting in the V3 flash their states rapidly. The addition of the E888 and its messing with the Link strangely enough doesn't affect the ability of the AEM dash to read the V3, so I'm wondering if some how I have the Link can setup wrong

Disconnect the E888 and the V3 comes back fine in the ECU.

I have changed the base ID of the ECU Master V3 so not as to interfere with Motec M1 UTC ID but no change is made, multiple ideas and same symptoms.

I have physically measured the voltage of CAN HI and CAN LO; 2.6ish Volts and 2.3ish Volts respectively, also have 60ohms measurable resistance across the bus.

AEM CAN Port 1.PNG

AEM CAN Port 2.PNG

LTD TUne 23.4.23.pclr

You have two devices writing to the same parameter.  The E888 from memory has 8 egt's, 8 analog inputs and 4 digital inputs, so it will be writing to CAN TC1-8, CAN ANVolt 1-8 and CAN DIG 1-4.  But you also have the switchboard writing to CAN AN Volt 1 and CAN Dig 1.  

So you could change the CAN DIG to something >4 or one of the native DI functions, but you are out of CAN AN Volt channels and there are not a lot of native ones to choose from.