No start, trigger signal issue.

CalebjW02

So I finally got my ST185 G4X put into my MR2 and did all the pre calibrations. Go ahead and try to crank it with the timing light hooked up to know what base timing should be set at on the ecu. First off the timing light isn’t working while cranking, went and verified it’s working on a different vehicle while running. The light flash’s like every 5 second, which doesn’t do any good for getting my timing. So then I look at the logs while cranking and everything looks weird. I have yes for trigger 2 signal. Trigger 1 signal is flashing between yes and no rapidly. And the trig error counter goes up the whole time, went all the way to 100+. Is there a setting I need to adjust?? Or is my distributor wiring messed up?? Thanks 

For some reason when I save a trigger scope it doesn't actually save the recording I got. So I snapped a photo of my laptop too.

image0 (2).jpeg

Toyota Celica ST185 G4X Xtreme Plugin not tuned.pclx

It seems that im getting an identical reading on trig 1 and trig 2, So im thinking maybe a short somewhere in the harness. Or could it be shorting in the distributor?

You need to attach the actual scope file, not a pic.  But yes there is cross talk there, assuming it is a stock distributor which has the one shared ground wire for both sensors, the most likely reason for the crosstalk would be the ground wire is broken/disconnected - so trig 1 is instead grounding through trig 2 and vice versa.