PDM Pinout review for VW VR6 Engine

djhedges

I'm getting to build my first wiring harness and would appreciate one more review and a few questions before I get started.  Below my current plan for the PDM pins.  It's a NA build with 12:1 compression on stock injectors.  ECU is a Link Fury.

razor_pdm:ADIO1,link_ecu_a:+14V
razor_pdm:ADIO1,link_ecu_b:+14V Aux9/10
razor_pdm:ADIO2,idle_stablizer_valve:Pos
razor_pdm:ADIO3,vapor_purge_valve:Pos
razor_pdm:ADIO4,LSU4.9:Heater Power
razor_pdm:ADIO5,aux_coolant_pump:Pos # Secondary small electral water pump that had a 5 amp fuse
razor_pdm:ADIO5,transponder:pos
razor_pdm:ADIO6,coolant_temp_gauge:12v
razor_pdm:ADIO6,fuel_pressure_gauge:12v
razor_pdm:ADIO6,link_keypad:+12V
razor_pdm:ADIO6,transmission_temp_gauge:12v
razor_pdm:ADIO7,wiper:high
razor_pdm:ADIO8,wiper:park
razor_pdm:CANH,link_ecu_b:DI10/CAN2H,link_keypad:CAN High
razor_pdm:CANL,link_ecu_b:DI9/CAN2L,link_keypad:CAN Low
razor_pdm:IGNSW,ign_switch:2
razor_pdm:PWROUT1a,fuel_pump:pos  # rockauto lists a bump with 8 amps average
razor_pdm:PWROUT1b,coil:Ubatt          # <8 amps according to bosch motorsports catalog.
razor_pdm:PWROUT1b,injectors:Pos
razor_pdm:PWROUT2a,brake_lights:pos
razor_pdm:PWROUT2b,brake_lights:pos
razor_pdm:PWROUT3a,starter:solenoid
razor_pdm:PWROUT3b,starter:solenoid
razor_pdm:PWROUT4a,spal_fan_1:pos  # 7.6 amps
razor_pdm:PWROUT4b,spal_fan_2:pos #6.3 amps
razor_pdm:neg,battery:neg
razor_pdm:pos,kill_switch:starter

• What is the current draw of the Link Fury ECU?  I'm hoping a single ADIO pin is enough to suppor the ECU.
  • I planned to run the coils, injectors & fuel pump off the same high output.  Should I also add individual inline fuses?
  • The car had 5v front/rear brake pressure sensors that I was planning to wire to the ECU.  Is it silly to drive the brake lights over CAN to the PDM?

5 hours ago, djhedges said:

What is the current draw of the Link Fury ECU?  I'm hoping a single ADIO pin is enough to suppor the ECU.

Yes that will be fine, maybe 5A max for a very short time on fast throttle movements, most of the time prob less than 2A.

I planned to run the coils, injectors & fuel pump off the same high output.  Should I also add individual inline fuses?

That should be fine with just the PDM "fuse", set around 10A. 

The car had 5v front/rear brake pressure sensors that I was planning to wire to the ECU.  Is it silly to drive the brake lights over CAN to the PDM?

That is fine.

A couple of other comments;

• Bench test the starter solenoid before committing to confirm the PDM can handle it, some of those are huge inrush and about 30A continuous on the pull winding.  
  • I would also test the fans too, those currents sound suspiciously low for Spals. 
  • The idle valve, purge valve and LSU could likely all go on one ADIO to leave a couple of spares.