3d table for base position idle solenoid

Tommy Luhr

I got one big problem.

My Link storm dosen´t catch my engine when it comes back from high revs. On idle, the solenoid works and the idle is stable.

I have tested different pwm settings from 30-100hz and 200hz and it works best with 50-100hz.

The solenoid  is a bosch  0280 140 545. 3 cable and it came from a bmw m50b25 -93

The engine got a little bit lowerd compression and have a mild ported head.
In this shape with all this components the oem ecu have no problems to work with this things, converted to link and now it is a big problem.

The biggest problem i can see for the moment are that Link dosen´t adjust the duty cycle fast enough.

If i could make a 3d table with rpm and temp axis i could set the base position duty manuel and perhaps that will catch the engine from stall.

When i look at the realtime values link is to slow with anti stall kompensation and the engine has already droped 500rpm below target. I want it to catch the engine before it reach idle rpm.

I have tried everything and the only thing that worked a little better is the early idle solenoid from m50b25 1991-92 (bosch with 524 last numbers)

That is a little bit different but works on the same way with one master and slave channel (aux 1 and aux2)

The problem is bigger if the engine speed drops fast but it can also suddenly be a problem when cruising in town and press clutch and brake att the same time. The engine stalls.

I got idle ignition activated, that helped.

Afr is stable and i drive tps at main fueltable and a 4D fueltable with map compesation so the engine is most of the time at lambda 1.0. If the engine drops below idle target it gets more fuel and ignition just like the oem ecu are programmed to do (thats what i heard).

Is there any way to get this 3d table for base position dutycycle (idle) ?

Is there any way to get rpm/sek compensation so if the engine drops faster there is more gain to the duty signal?

i Thought this things will help me sort the problems out.

The car is a bmw e36 1993 build for turbo but runs N/A right now for serious tuning before turbo installation.
It runs on E85 and it works kind of okay so far, starts well in -5 celsius (23 farenheit).

Siemens 630 injectors, multi point group abd VAG coil on plugs waste fire.

Ps i tried the settings that came with your plugin box for this engine- no sucsess. Is there other drivers for the idle solenoid in the plugin ecu? Can that be the problem?

Regards

Tommy

One trick to try is to have you base position slightly higher so that when you snap the throttle it comes back to a slightly high idle and then brings it lower

What duty cycle values are you currently seeing at a stable idle?

I would expect the solenoid frequency to be closer to 300hz

My problem is worked out.

The problem was my Link g4 storm ecu. When it gets warm the idle vale dosen´t work correct.

My version is 1,1 with serie number 50xx.

Is there other drivers for idle vale in that ver than ver 1,2 (blue case)?

Becasue it works really fine with the other ecu.

Regards Tommy

Hi Tommy

The hardware for the aux outputs is identical between the two ECU revisions.

Do you have the same firmware between the ECUs?

You can check the hardware by doing a test function on the aux output. I assume you have it wired to AUX1 and 2

Thank´s for the answer!

I haven´t check whats firmware it is in the box i borrowed. I should do that and come back.

In my box i got the latest version. My box is ver 1,1.

I use aux 1 and 2 and.

It take like an hour to get it strange in the idle position. After that it always stalls when dropping from high rev.

But when it stands in idle at 750rpm it works fine.

And when it´s cold it works fine.

Can there be any issue with the mapsensor?

My engine is tuned by tps and not map.

I wonder if the ECU read the mapsensor in the background and do some calculations for fuel ?

Regards Tommy

It might be an issue with the solenoid duty cycle. On some solenoids you need to clamp to 30% min.

The MAP can have an effect even if your row steps are set to TPS, this depends on the main fuel calculation selection.

Hello!

The settings runs well on ver1,2 board but not on my 1.1 board.

Today i found a problem. The internal mapsensor is not corrsponding on my light throttle.

Only big thottling make difference in map preassure.

Can a broken mapsensor be my issue fpr all my idle problem?

Today it even was hard to drive when the symptom arrived. So the problem is getting bigger and bigger by the time.

Regards Tommy

This could indicate an issue with the map sensor. On some of the very early boards the MAP hose internally failed and caused a restriction making causing the map sensor to be slow to respond or not respond at all.

I would suggest it will be worth getting a dealer to check the ECU or return to us. If it comes to us please email [email protected] for a return form before sending.