MSD BlasterSS Coil Settings

coreyb

I've used these for years on the 3SGTEs, but usually with the gen2 igniters that have dwell control built in.  I do have a couple customers running them on ecu dwell control ecus but not sure if we've pushed them real high in power or with much boost in those applications.  Dwell ranges from 1.8ms at idle to 2.2ms at higher rpm.  Trigger settings are same as the base Link map for ST205X ecu.  Trigger settings are somewhat independent of the particular coil I thought, so not sure if I'm misunderstanding something.

Thanks for the info

Setup id ATOM on a 4age using 20v igniter and MSD coil.

My dwell is 4.0ms thru out the range.

I am experiencing a misfire at 2000rpm and was thinking it might be related to coil, plus i think the injectors or OEM and my be low impedance (will confirm that later).

I will try the lower dwell values and see if that helps.

OEM injectors of most toyotas through the mid 90s are low impedance.  That would be a big no-no if you didn't have a resistor pack in place.

FWIW, just running the MSD blaster SS as the only upgrade on a relatively stock otherwise ignition system (with distributor) I have been able to get to 600whp on ethanol on a 3SGTE application.