G4+ wrx v3 antil lag system

joshp

Hey I have a v3 wrx with a g4+ pnp 

I’m installing a fresh air antilag system would I be better off using a Mac solenoid to control it or would I be better off using the electronic fresh air valve either way what pinouts should I use or will I need to go into the expansion loom ,also I would like to make use of the turbo speed sensor 

cheers! 

I would suggest the pneumatic ALV with a conventional solenoid to control it, you would need to add further electronics to control the electronic one and I dont see any benefit.  You can use any spare aux for the mac solenoid, aux 8 on pin 40 is probably a good option.  

The G4+ isn't well suited for turbospeed sensors as the DI max frequency is around 1000Hz - turbospeed is usually more like 3000Hz.  You would need to add a frequency divider circuit in line.  

Thanks for your quick response Adam 

if maximum frequency is 1000hz would the resolution be ok in this application 

so you know of any certain dividers that have been used successfully with conjunction to a borg Warner sensor and a g4+? 

Resolution will be no problem.  For the frequency divider I dont know of a good commercially available option - there are things like "speedo correctors" etc but they tend to be expensive for such a basic requirement.  I usually suggest this:    

Note there is a mistake on that drawing, it should say this circuit will divide by 8, not 16.