FuelTech CAN Bus EGT Compatibility with LINK G4x ?

kenjamin

Hello,

I have a 13B-REW that I plan on installing an EGT. Wondering if FuelTech CAN EGT can work along with the G4X. My plan is to install the EGT to the CAN system along with the Link CAN lambda of the G4X.

Is the FuelTech CAN bus EGT compatible with G4X ? 

If so, is it possible to have a CAN hub and run the Link CAN lambda senor and EGT at the same time ?

Thanks 

Ken

Screenshot 2023-06-06 172318.png

It most likely would be compatible but I have requested CAN info from Fueltech for other CAN devices in the past and they haven't been willing to provide it.  

I suggest you try requesting the CAN info yourself as perhaps as a pre-sale question they might be more responsive.

PCS make the 8 channel one for Fueltech which is available direct from PCS for not much more than your pic shows for the 4Ch device, otherwise the ECUmaster, Haltech, DIY autotune, are other common options which we already support.  

Okay will be calling them tomorrow. 

Originally I was going to go with AEM CAN EGT 8 type. But they're not currently in stock due to Holley acquired AEM.

What was your experience with setting up the CAN EGT ? 

Just spoke with a FuelTech, He mentioned that the CAN EGT-4 does run on 100hz and also he provided a document that list all FuelTech CAN systems. Its on their website under support. Its name FTCAN2.0.

What should I be looking for to know if a CAN product is suitable for the LINK G4X?

Thanks Adam for your response.

Protocol_FTCAN20_Public_R022 (2).pdf