Ecu Logging problem

Patrick

I have my ecu logging setup through a digital switch and it works as intended however my problem is that when i switch the car on a log file is automatically generated irrespective of my switch position.  My setup is as follows.

Ecu Logging:

Logging Mode = On

Logging Rate = 5hz

Activation Mode = DI #6

DI 6 GP Input:

Function = Gp Input

Switch Type = Toggle

Pullup Resistor = On

On Level = Low

Active Edge = Falling

DI 6 is a toggle switch which is wired to 'expansion 1 signal GROUND' on the link g4 expansion loom (this is the ground for sensors and not an actual chassis ground).

I've also tried temporarily using a virtual aux output to test and it works flawlessly, no log files are generated while switching the car on and off unless the virtual aux is active.

Cheers

Pat

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sending in your base-map. I have tried to replicate your problem, but have been unable to. What I am wondering is if your DI 6 pullup is being reset upon the ECU turning on, and therefore generating an ECU log. The fact that when you use a virtual aux for ECU log activation supports this view. Here are two suggestions I have:

1. Try and configure the switch so it has a 12 volt feed and then set it up in PCLink so On level is high with a rising active edge. Also turn the pull-up resistor off. This would show if it is indeed the pull-up resetting that is causing the issue.

2. Upgrade your firmware. Possibly this is an issue that has been fixed in the past.

Cheers,

Scott