Can I trigger 2 LS2 coils/channel with the Storm G4X

x-faktory

I am building a system for a 6 cylinder engine. I would like to go dual plug with LS D585 coils. Can the ignition output channel trigger two LS coils? The Logic level signal requirements would be very low current i would think....but I cannot find the LS coil trigger specs.

Thanks for getting back to me. with Wasted spark we would use 1 link driver to trigger 2 ignitors, but only one coil fires......but I'm thinking that the driver circuit will provide the current for both ignitors....with the 12V coil circuit provides the coil firing current 

Would the same load to the link driver occur if firing two coils sequentially....I.E. the driver circuit still triggers 2 ignitors, but the 12V coil circuit now provides the juice for two coils.

Not an electrical engineer, as you can tell.

3 hours ago, x-faktory said:

Thanks for getting back to me. with Wasted spark we would use 1 link driver to trigger 2 ignitors, but only one coil fires

No, both coils will fire at the same time - hence the term "wasted spark".  

The ecu is only providing a low current signal to trigger the coil, the high current power to the coil primary winding comes direct from the battery via terminal A & D.  The ignitor trigger likely needs about 5-7mA, the ecu ignition drive can do about 50mA. 

When firing in wasted spark, compared to direct spark you will pull twice as much current from the ecu ign drive - say 14mA, and you will be pulling twice the current from the battery also.