Dash set up questions

Dhornby88

Few questions upon setting up the dash I'm struggling with

- Can i change the LAMBDA reading to AFR in race studio ive looked everywhere?

- I've got speed running to ecu through DI and its working fine in run time values but it's not sending the speed to the dash, do I have to send the DI to a specific plug on the dash?

- Can i manually add what my cars odometer read before i installed the dash

- How do i get the gear position reading through CAN?

changed thermo fans to 90.pclr

To display lambda in AFR units you have to use a math channel.  The built-in unit conversion for the lambda channel doesnt work as you may expect, we had to do this to try to keep it backwards compatible with our older ECU's which transmit AFR rather than lambda in the same data position.  I have done this in your dash config attached below.  

1 hour ago, Dhornby88 said:

- I've got speed running to ecu through DI and its working fine in run time values but it's not sending the speed to the dash, do I have to send the DI to a specific plug on the dash?

All 4 wheel speeds are sent from the ecu to the dash.  Your LR wheel speed should be received as "ECU Speed 2" in the dash.

1 hour ago, Dhornby88 said:

- Can i manually add what my cars odometer read before i installed the dash

You cant with the actual odometer - that one is not user adjustable and starts at zero.  However you can set up one of the other counters, name it Odometer and display that on your screen instead.

2 hours ago, Dhornby88 said:

- How do i get the gear position reading through CAN?

It is already in the default stream, as long as you have gear detection set up in the ecu and working then it should show on the dash.  

Hi Adam,

See this attached, speed working fine now.

Can you add the AFR math channel from LAMBDA, and assist with getting the odometer counter done?

I also cant adjust the time or date in RS3, possible bug. Also the case when trying to add more alarms it wont allow me to save it once set up.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8vTGV5abqBnHaPqvay5IPAtzBf?e=Eo5xN3

Try this.  I have added AFR to page 1.  The adjusted ODO is on the bottom of page 4, it should as an example it should add 123000km on to the existing builtin odo value.  You can adjust the adder in the math channels.  

I think your alarm saving issue was because you had oil press set up as an alarm but you didnt have the oil pressure channel checked in the ecu stream tab.  Wherever you see yellow exclamation marks means there is something assigned incorrectly.  

DHornby.zconfig

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

Try this.  I have added AFR to page 1.  The adjusted ODO is on the bottom of page 4, it should as an example it should add 123000km on to the existing builtin odo value.  You can adjust the adder in the math channels.  

I think your alarm saving issue was because you had oil press set up as an alarm but you didnt have the oil pressure channel checked in the ecu stream tab.  Wherever you see yellow exclamation marks means there is something assigned incorrectly.  

DHornby.zconfig 810.93 kB · 0 downloads

Your wonderful Adam, i will apply this and give it a try.

Thanks for the support