S2000 Link Not Sending Enough Voltage/Amperage To Power CANGauge

mpetrillo

I am local to GaugeART in Phoenix AZ (the company that makes the Link branded CANGauges). I worked with the owner after trying to troubleshoot a WiFi connectivity issue to the gauge's onboard WiFi. 

It turns out when we bench test the gauge (with direct power) the gauge's onboard WiFi works great. 

In car, when the gauge is powered by the CANBUS output from the board we observe the WiFi SSID broadcasting intermittently and a weak signal. 

So my question is does the onboard power from the link PnP ecu have enough power/amperage to power these gauges properly? Has anyone else observed can device power issues? 

Now i'm concerned my AEM wideband powered by the can bus JST4 slots isn't being provided enough power either for the 02 heater, controller, etc. 

I will test with a multimeter this afternoon and report back as well. Just wanted to get a discussion started.  

They should be good for about 3A continuous and the self-resettable fuses trip somewhere around 6A for 30sec.  When we first changed to the JST4 I tested two CAN lambdas and a dash using 3 splitters all connected at the far end of 4M total of our CAN extension cables with success.  That was close to the limit though, from memory the CAN lambdas were reporting battery voltage about 1.5V lower than the ecu.  So assuming the AEM doesnt pull crazy current I would expect your setup should be fine.  

So yes, confirm voltage at the gauge is the first step.