CAN dropping out on acceleration after loading a tune edited offline

DerekAE86

I came across a very strange situation the other day when helping a friend with his car.

He has a Link CAN Lambda and Link CAN Gauge wired into a G4x MR2Link using an off the shelf CAN splitter cable.

Everything was setup/tuned/working. I went for a drive with him to get some logs and save his current tune.
I then did some offline changes overnight and the next day loaded the tweaked tune (was really just Idle/CLL/Boost PID tweaks)

But the moment we went for a drive the Lambda source dropped out and the Gauge power cycled.

It would then come back on but then instantly drop out again. We poked around in the wiring to make sure there wasn't anything silly that came unplugged or loose but everything was fine. After coming to a physical fault finding dead end I just reloaded the tune file he turned up with and it all fixed itself...

Loading my tweaked tune again (that I didn't touch anything in the CAN settings) caused it to fail as soon as he started driving again.

So I reloaded his old tune and opened my tweaked one in compare mode and literally made all the same changes and it worked...

Is this someone anyone else has come across?