Traction control refined

Phil2JZ

Hey guys,

This time I’m after insight with Refining my traction control settings a bit more.

800hp 2jz S15 ,5 speed, set up for roll racing.

I’ll attach the tune and a log file or two showing the traction control on the street.

I’ve slowly adjusted the PID traction control to try and stop overshooting and undershooting the target. (Lowering the proportional gain and increasing the derivative gain to lower the amount of trim and increase sensitivity). Please let me know if I’m heading in the right direction with that method.

I’m after more stable control if it’s possible. I feel that sometimes the aggressive torque reduction effects are a bit erratic at times. Effects the accelerometer G force results when logging.

I have different slip thresholds per gear and a Can keypad to select.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ntpn8fxl5pu7gt3x5ac4d/h?dl=0&rlkey=sj9mzo2nmo5t9b00ds0i8su2u

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ry0vupjkux31xqt51cdad/h?rlkey=ovrghu9pis6l0r6ug7qc1jxu8&dl=0

Im not too sure if it is actually traction control that is causing the "aggressive torque reduction" that you are feeling.  The slip looks reasonably well controlled and the most drastic action that TC has taken in either of those logs was about 20deg of retard, in most cases it is more like only 10deg.  

You do hit the MAP and RPM limits in a few places and they have long decays set so they are going to be quite intrusive feeling, are you sure it is not one of those?  In the 3rd run log, RPM limit hit at 5:11 & 11:37.  In the 5th run log RPM limit hit at 7:20 and MAP limit hit at 9:42.

Otherwise, I would suggest ECU logging at higher speed so you can get better data.  Set the "PID setup" tool to Traction control so you can log what proportional and derivative terms are being applied.  

ECU Logging set attached

Traction testing.llsx