sr20vet 36-1 trigger wheel

ozy1342

sr20vet.pclr

hello 

i have a SR20VET  i have managed to get the car running but i am having a few problems with it .the first problem is when  the engine is upto temp the idling surges up and down . second  i think  the timing   may not be right .

spec : 90mm bore 91mm crank SR16VE camshafts .36-1 trigger wheel and 1 camshaft trigger 

with RX8 throttle body and pedal 

i also have a trigger scope if needed .

thanks 

Here are the Trigger Scope and PC Logging 

Sorry I forgot I've also got ID 1000CC Injectors and also Hitachi GTR Coils

PC Logging.pclr Trigger Scope.pclr

The trigger scope looks good.  Why do you think the timing is wrong?  Have you confirmed with a timing light at various RPM's with the timing locked?

The idle surge is mostly too much proportional gain.  With e-throttle idle control the engine is quite slow to respond to changes in airflow so it is best to have idle ignition enabled to handle the fast changes and use the throttle for the slower/bulk changes.  Some suggested changes in green below.  You will also need to assign LF wheel speed to both driven and non-driven wheel in the speed sources menu as idle ign control use the non-driven wheel for the lockout.  

QWiZNOo.png

Hi Adam 

thank you  for your prompt reply .i will make the changes that you suggested above .the reason why i think my timing is out is because normally on the sr20 the timing light should flash  15 or 20 BTDC when you lock the timing in the ECU that is my understanding ?

When i lock the timing in the ECU to 15 BTDC it shows ATDC 

i have attached a picture of mine flashing like below .thats why i think my timing is out .

thanks 

12303de sr20det pulley (4).jpg

To set the base timing you can tell the ecu to command whatever timing you like, typically 10deg BTDC works ok for most engines.

So if you want to lock timing to 10BTDC then in the "Set Base Timing" screen you set the top box "Lock Timing To" to 10deg.  You then check the timing marks with your timing light, if the 10BTDC mark is not lined up then you adjust the Offset number in the middle box until the mark is aligned.  Note you need to hit the enter key every time you adjust the offset.  Once you have it so the 10deg mark lines up then rev the engine to confirm the timing mark stays at 10deg, if it drifts then adjust the microsecond value in the lower box.   

bSAwuvz.png