Driving wheel speed calculation

Shedley

Hello

is there someone that calculates driving wheelhouse from gearbox ratio and engine speed, to use for launch control.

so the car basically has a wheelspeedsensor, coming from the aim display trough canbus, mounted to left front wheel (RWD car)

I would like to use slip regulated traction control and calvulate driving wheels speed from the gear ratio and rpm. As the rear axles are custom build and don’t have sensor rings on them

I'm no expert on this - but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

While doing the calculation is easy enough if you know your exact transmission ratios, final drive ratio and your exact current tyre size.

There will always be some "slip" between gearchanges, whenever you're on the clutch or if the front wheel is locking up under heavy braking which could cause some strange behaviour with traction control.

Does your gearbox have a speed sensor? Or maybe the factory dash cluster has a speed output? That would be more accurate than calculating it off RPM and current gear.