V6 WRX with V10 AVCS heads trigger setup

oetoet

hi all,

installed a WRX V5-6 G4X plugin to this car. i cant seem to get an RPM reading in pclink. the setup of the car is a V6 reluctor sensor with v6 crank trigger wheel combined with the V10 Hall effect cam sensors. i wired the signal wire of the original reluctor cam sensor to the LH cam sensor, and the signal wire of the RH sensor to DI2.  wired +12v and sensor ground to the hall sensors. this should be able to work with the right setup?

i guess a final option is to swap the V6 crank triggerwheel over for a V10 wheel, but i first want to try it this way.

attached trigger scope, map and log.

TriggerScopeLog jermain.llgx PC Datalog - 2023-07-11 4;14;43 pm.llgx gc8 jermain.pclx

A V6 crank wheel wouldnt work, but the triggerscope shows you already have the correct V10/EJ25 crank trigger wheel, however it is showing on trigger 2 instead of trigger 1.  Swap the immobaliser DIP switches on the adapter board to opposite option will swap trig 1 with trig 2.  

Change trigger mode to EJ25. 

Do a new scope with those changes.

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

A V6 crank wheel wouldnt work, but the triggerscope shows you already have the correct V10/EJ25 crank trigger wheel, however it is showing on trigger 2 instead of trigger 1.  Swap the immobaliser DIP switches on the adapter board to opposite option will swap trig 1 with trig 2.  

Change trigger mode to EJ25. 

Do a new scope with those changes.

wow, you are right. i even checked it with a camera to confirm, i must have been so sleepy. 

changed settings to v10 and got rpm but no good scope at the cam sensor. changed polarity on that and all seems good. thanks guys!