Wrx11

Subiguy1

No thats not normal, it looks like it has had a mis-soldered component that eventually got bumped off.  Contact [email protected] to get it replaced or fixed. 

However, that missing cap is only part of the decoupling before the 5V regulator, it will not prevent the ecu from connecting or working, so I suspect this to be more a coincidence rather than your actual problem.  We should do a bit more diagnosis first. 

Do you have blue LED's glowing with the ecu plugged in and ignition on?

29 minutes ago, Adamw said:

No thats not normal, it looks like it has had a mis-soldered component that eventually got bumped off.  Contact [email protected] to get it replaced or fixed. 

However, that missing cap is only part of the decoupling before the 5V regulator, it will not prevent the ecu from connecting or working, so I suspect this to be more a coincidence rather than your actual problem.  We should do a bit more diagnosis first. 

Do you have blue LED's glowing with the ecu plugged in and ignition on?

No the blue led is not light up, there is power coming though the harness itself 

Edited by Subiguy1
Missing reply

8 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I wonder if you have the USDM hitachi ecu pinout. 

Do you have 12V on pin B19 with the ign switch on?  

Yes I have power to that pin, would the hatachi harness header be the same as a denso? 

IMG_0312.jpeg

1 minute ago, Subiguy1 said:

Yes I have power to that pin, would the hatachi harness header be the same as a denso? 

IMG_0312.jpeg

I looked up the ecu number on the board it self ecu 112431-2290 and got denso ecus 

Okay i think i may have figured it out and im at a lost, according to the manual A7/B2 does not have any pinouts on the Harness it self... Im guessing not all densos are compatible with this ecu.. Is there a way around this? to still use the ecu dont want to just waste $1500+ 

The USDM denso pinout changed in 2011 so I think that is what you may have there.   Get your dealer to get in touch with Link, they will possibly refund it.  

I believe the >2011USDM pinout is quite different to the rest of the world, the only way to make it work would be to repin the harness or get someone to make an adapter loom.  

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

The USDM denso pinout changed in 2011 so I think that is what you may have there.   Get your dealer to get in touch with Link, they will possibly refund it.  

I believe the >2011USDM pinout is quite different to the rest of the world, the only way to make it work would be to repin the harness or get someone to make an adapter loom.  

Thanks @Adamw i appreciate it!