G4X StormX CAN issues: 0V on CAN H, 1.9V on CAN L, can't find any CAN devices

beninnz

Solved my ignition issue last week, and am now chasing down a CAN problem. Have Link G4X Storm X and Link CAN Lambda.

I'm using a Link CAN Connection cable with CAN H (white) connected to ECU connecter B Pin 27, and CAN B (green) connected to ECU connector B Pin 28 per the quick start wiring diagram.

Have got 12V on power (red), confirmed continuity of ground (black), and confirmed continuity of both wires (white and green) from ECU to CAN Lambda. Tried setting up CAN in ECU but have errors:

Error Passive: ERROR

Bus warning: ERROR

Receive Error Counter: 0

Transmit Error Counter: 128

Thinking it was a wiring issue, I've measure voltage at CAN H and it's 0V, and CAN L is 1.9V. Based on what I've read on other threads here that seems wrong. 

I've gone through the set up guide for the Link CAN Lambda unit, and tried all the different bit rate settings but that had no impact.

I've also checked resistance across CAN H & CAN L with ignition off and there's no measured resistance.

I've also tried swapping CAN H & CAN L but obviously that's had no impact as there's still no voltage from that Pin.

I'm running the latest firmware and have attached my tune file.

Hopefully another super simple issue :)

Thanks in advance!

Lotus Elise S2 120HP G4X AUX9.pclx

IMG_6530.jpeg

IMG_6531.jpeg

Edited by beninnz
Added photos of wiring

On the front side of ECU B plug, can you see both terminals are visible through the holes - ie pushed all the way home?

With the ignition off, and CAN lambda unplugged from the CANSS cable, do you get about 120ohms if you measure resistance between white and green at the DTM plug?

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

On the front side of ECU B plug, can you see both terminals are visible through the holes - ie pushed all the way home?

With the ignition off, and CAN lambda unplugged from the CANSS cable, do you get about 120ohms if you measure resistance between white and green at the DTM plug?

Hey Adam

Yep, pins are both pushed the whole way through.

With ignition off no resistance measured across the white & green pins at all. 

Unfortunately I think this would suggest you have an internal hardware issue.  I just checked on a Storm here and I get 120ohm across those 2 pins.  It's pretty odd as the CAN is tested as part of its burn-in test and they are usually pretty indestructable.  Possibly just a rare failure.  You will have to contact [email protected] to get it inspected.   

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

Unfortunately I think this would suggest you have an internal hardware issue.  I just checked on a Storm here and I get 120ohm across those 2 pins.  It's pretty odd as the CAN is tested as part of its burn-in test and they are usually pretty indestructable.  Possibly just a rare failure.  You will have to contact [email protected] to get it inspected.   

Ok thanks, I thought that might be the case! I'll fire an email through now.