Current draw questions

Brad Foreman

hello there

i am currently wiring a link g4x fury and razor pdm into a skyline with an RB 

just needing to know a couple components current draw so i know which way to pair them up for the pdm

Hitachi R35 coils

Bosch 1650cc injectors

lsu4.9 wideband sensor

aux 9/10 to drive bosch dbw throttle

RB VCT solenoid

hall effect cam trigger (crank is reluctor)

mac valve

gm flex fuel sensor

davies craig EWP150 states 10a current draw. will this change if its PWM driven?

any help would be much appreciated

Ideally you want ecu, coils and injectors all connected to the same source so the ecu is applying the correct deadtimes and dwell times.  But that would mean the wiring to the ecu and injectors would have to be big enough to handle the "fuse" current that the coils require which isn't always practical.  

So I would generally connect the ECU and injectors to an ADIO.  Coils to a High current output.  E-throttle supply will need to be its own ADIO.  All the other aux stuff (VCT, Flex, Lambda) is quite low current can go to a single ADIO, or even the same one as ecu.

awesome that is much appreciated info

i will post my proposed wiring for the pdm and see if you think i should change anything around

25a - Walbro 460lph pump (22a according to google)

25a - walbro 460lph pump 

25a - 2x maradyne fans (14" 16.9a and 11" 7.4a according to their site)

25a - Ignition coils x6

8a- ecu -ic7 dash-pdm ign switch - injectors - 

8a- gps speed module- flex fuel sensor- cam trigger- wideband -vct solenoid- boost solenoid

8a- e throttle supply into ecu (+14v aux 9/10)

8a Bridged for aem 400lph lift pump (16a on google but this will only be filling a surge tank not a pressure supply) 

8a bridged as above

8a bridged for davies craig ewp150 on PWM (10a according to davies craig)

8a bridged as above

8a brake lights (all LED) -Alternator light circuit

i think thats all my car needs. if theres any better options u can think of that would be amazing

but i was going to power a switch that when on would turn on the ecu - pdm - ic7 which would be my ignition switch. if im powering the ic7 ecu and pdm and injectors through one ADIO. how would i wire an ignition switch to turn the car on and off ?

ahh would the best way to switch the pdm power supply so when pdms on everything becomes alive. so the pdm power source would be my ignition switch

I wouldnt do PWM on the water pump with ADIO's in parallel, there will be small timing differences between them.  The Ign coils would likely be ok on a single ADIO (or you can pair 2), which would free up a HC output from the EWP.