Factory speed sensor and G4X

Kyle879

Hey guys,

I've made a post about this before on both the forums and facebook group. After a long time trying to work it out i have not had any success. I'm hoping there is a small oversight on my part which is leading to my downfall. Some background: 1993 Nissan pulsar GTiR running a s15 g4X and powertune dash (factory dash removed).

I currently have the speed sensor signal wire connected to DI7 of the exansion loom and the other wire connected to the sensor ground. In the ecu software i have selected the FL wheel speed input as DI7 and then in the powertune dash i have selected speed input as FL Wheel. I have gone on many drives and not recived any readings, i have swapped the two wires over and played around with the calibration settings within the ecu entering values from 0-1000 with still no change.

I have also attempted to set DI7 as the GP1 speed reading and ECU main speed and selected the same on the dash, with no change.

Other than the possibility of a faulty speed sensor, have i missed anything? The sensor is a VR style sensor and am unsure if its compatible with the G4X.

Cheers,

Kyle

A VR sensor is fine.  Pull-up should be off.  The arming threshold is around 1.7V so it may not be outputting enough voltage.  Did you test at reasonable speed?  

You will really need an oscilloscope to see what is wrong with the signal to diagnose.