My Ultimate Wishlist

Oprah_152

I thought I'd toss some of my wishlist items together. Some of which I don't currently need but would like the functions for future and others i've made work arounds for.

I'm happy to provide working examples or further justifications to the use cases. 

Parameters

• Air Density Bank 1 (Kg/m^3) or (g/m^3) - Currently resolved in Math Channels
  • Air Density Bank 2 (Kg/m^3) or (g/m^3)
  • MAF 2
  • Air per Cylinder 2 Measured (g/cyl)
  • MAP 2
  • IAT 2
  • MAF 1 VE (%) ((“g/cyl”/p)/“Cyl Vol”- Currently resolved in Math Channels
  • MAF 2 VE (%) ((“g/cyl”/p)/“Cyl Vol”)
  • MAF Avg
  • MAF VE (%) Avg
  • MAP Avg
  • IAT Avg
  • Wastegate %DC 2

Tables

• 16 more table allocations to better support V8s
  • CAL tables to have 16 more axis points.
    • More granular CAL tables for MAF sensors
  • GP Outputs to be friendlier for “user definable” - Currently resolved in GP output DC (1tbl)or PWM(2tbl)
    • Unit output (g/sec, KPA, ms, g/cyl, %, etc)
    • Allow decibel placement e.g. 0.000, 0.00, 0.0
    • To allow only 1 table consumed with Larger units than 100.
  • Fuel Table Ratio table to allow for 3D axis - Currently resolved in GP output DC
  • Additional “Torque Request Table” channels. -  Currently resolved in GP output DC(Interpolate)
    • Two tables
    • To be able to switch between or interpolate between.
  • Wastegate %DC 2
    • Allow for second WG Solenoid to control a second turbo.
    • Closed Loop Boost control for second turbo.
    • Single(Parallel) or Twin(Compound) staged control.
  • 4D & 5D Fuel tables assignable.
    • 4D table can be assigned to fuel table 1 and/or fuel table 2
    • 5D table can be assigned to fuel table 1 and/or fuel table 2

Parameter/Channel functions

• MAF to allow for averaging over time - Currently resolved in Math Channels
    • Math Channel example - av(MAF,0.06)

CAN

• Gen 1 FRS/BRZ/86 ***I do have pretty much all of the surface values worked out(CEL,Fuel,PS,ECT,RPM etc)***
  • Gen 2 BRZ/86

21 hours ago, Oprah_152 said:

Parameters

• MAF 2
  • MAP 2
  • IAT 2
  • MAF Avg
  • MAF VE (%) Avg
  • MAP Avg
  • IAT Avg
  • Wastegate %DC 2

Air density is just charge temp times a density constant, what would you use the air density values for?

Separate sensors for separate banks is something some setups would require but will require some re-writing of the fuel and ignition code as well as considering how this affects anything that uses MAP or inj pw. Would also require doubling up of all the injector pw, afr target etc runtimes. Dual turbo control to account for individual turbos feeding individual banks would also result in some awkwardness around how MAP limits are applied among other things. At this point it is much easier just to run two ECUs for this style of setup with shared sensors and identical tunes.

16 more table allocations to better support V8s

Where are you using the current table allocations, could you be more efficient in your use of them, interpolating gp tables takes up a lot of processing time and storing them takes up a lot of RAM.

GP Outputs to be friendlier for “user definable” - Currently resolved in GP output DC (1tbl)or PWM(2tbl)

Not quite sure what you are trying to do here, are you wanting a generic runtime value that is set based on a table and some conditions?

Fuel Table Ratio table to allow for 3D axis - Currently resolved in GP output DC

What variables are you wanting to use on the ratio table axes?

Wastegate %DC 2

• Allow for second WG Solenoid to control a second turbo.
  • Closed Loop Boost control for second turbo.
  • Single(Parallel) or Twin(Compound) staged control.

This only works if the turbos are feeding into different manifolds otherwise the feedback values for them will be the same, what engine setup are wanting to do that requires this?

4D & 5D Fuel tables assignable.

If switching between fuel table one and 2 then use the same switching thing for 4d/5d activation, unless you mean blending too? What setup do you have that requires this?

CAN

• Gen 1 FRS/BRZ/86 ***I do have pretty much all of the surface values worked out(CEL,Fuel,PS,ECT,RPM etc)***
  • Gen 2 BRZ/86

Gen 1 FRS/BRZ/86 has been done for a manual vehicle and will be available in a future release, we do also have an auto vehicle that we are looking at atm.

Firstly, Sorry for the long winded response and probably for the poor explanation! lol. 

On 8/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, Vaughan said:
On 8/2/2023 at 11:30 PM, Oprah_152 said:

Parameters

• MAF 2
  • MAP 2
  • IAT 2
  • MAF Avg
  • MAF VE (%) Avg
  • MAP Avg
  • IAT Avg
  • Wastegate %DC 2
Expand  

Air density is just charge temp times a density constant, what would you use the air density values for?

Separate sensors for separate banks is something some setups would require but will require some re-writing of the fuel and ignition code as well as considering how this affects anything that uses MAP or inj pw. Would also require doubling up of all the injector pw, afr target etc runtimes. Dual turbo control to account for individual turbos feeding individual banks would also result in some awkwardness around how MAP limits are applied among other things. At this point it is much easier just to run two ECUs for this style of setup with shared sensors and identical tunes.

I'd like the Parameter just to make my math channels more efficient. I currently use the Density to calculate back the "Air Per Cylinder Measured" to a VE value to populate "Fuel Table 2". I also use it to work out the Mass Flow Rate through the throttle body, but I'll get into that further down. 

• MAF VE = (G/Cyl / Density) / (Displacement / # of Cyl)
  • MAF VE = (Variable Cylinder Volume) / (Static Cylinder Volume)

(Ignore the "/10" at the end, this is to adjust for KPa vs. PA in the math channels)
image.png.a7dbc07327152a8ff487bdfc6192c8bd.png

16 more table allocations to better support V8s

Where are you using the current table allocations, could you be more efficient in your use of them, interpolating gp tables takes up a lot of processing time and storing them takes up a lot of RAM.

I do currently have 6 available tables open to me, but I do have plans to eventually turbo charge a 1UZ/3UZ engine and want to add some Torque Request strategies which I kind of foreseeing me start to get limited.

image.thumb.png.4f153ab67dd6d977604d5d2c7fc781eb.png

GP Outputs to be friendlier for “user definable” - Currently resolved in GP output DC (1tbl)or PWM(2tbl)

Not quite sure what you are trying to do here, are you wanting a generic runtime value that is set based on a table and some conditions?

Yeah that's exactly what I was looking for.  Right now I'm using "GP PWM 1" "GP PWM 2" as a CAN AUX output to make these generic runtime tables. One of them could be used as a CAL Table but I've not be able to find a way to make that happen.

image.png.6a53411dd949c1d0b55ac8a20d494308.png

dThrottle Area (%) is used to define the "Estimate Throttle Open Area". Example here would be;

• 100% TPS = 6644mm^2
  • 50% TPS = 4985mm^2
  • 25% TPS = 1295mm^2

image.thumb.png.8dbd47aea2d2102692c210b1a7293c24.png

Fuel Table Ratio table to allow for 3D axis - Currently resolved in GP output DC

What variables are you wanting to use on the ratio table axes?

The two variables I'm using right now is TPS Delta and dPressure (basically MGP).

Fuel Table 1 works as a normal VE table where as Fuel Table 2 aggregates Mass Air Flow & Throttle Mass Flow VE (%). Both MAF & TMF over react a bit to transient throttle conditions and a normal VE Table under reacts. This allows me to sort of capture the best of all three cases.

Fuel Ratio

image.thumb.png.4d54c651e9fd57a1c81929925ec4ba68.png

4D & 5D Fuel tables assignable.

If switching between fuel table one and 2 then use the same switching thing for 4d/5d activation, unless you mean blending too? What setup do you have that requires this?

As seen below, Fuel Table 1 uses a traditional approach to VE where on a VVT or Variable tuned intake system means everything needs to be dialed on the main fuel table or correction tables created. Since on Fuel Table 2 I am using parameters that measure the current air flow, it would mean the corrections needed for Fuel Table 1 won't be needed for Fuel Table 2. Being able to lock 4D Fuel table to Fuel Table 1 would be an awesome feature. 

Fuel Table 1

image.thumb.png.45f5245791fcc77530b84290b86ec06d.png

Fuel Table 2

image.thumb.png.62913ee5f02bf09b1c95fe569028432d.png

I'd also really enjoy the additional Requested Torque table to allow for driver switchable inputs to control Decel rate, Full power targets and transient power. I know this is easily accomplishable with other more conventional approaches but working inside a Torque Management framework with Throttle control and Boost control makes life a bit more simple once all setup. 

image.thumb.png.40cf892d5a9574e20116674bb04c6b54.png