Wrx g4x Xtreme questions

SidewayzSkyvia

2011 wrx with a g4x Xtreme ecu and boomslang adapter. 

I got the Pinout assignment sorted. Got the car started and running using the wrx v11 can bus protocol. But I've noticed that the coolant gauge always reads full hot. I was wondering if the OEM gauge goes over can bus, and if there is a setting I need to change to fix it. Reads fine in PC link but physical gauge doesn't. 

I'm also trying to get the AC to function properly. I got it to work on basic mode but sometimes the idle up doesn't work and the engine will stall. I've tried a few settings. But sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So I'm not sure what's going on with it. And if there's a setting somewhere I'm not seeing that needs to be changed. 

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

The coolant temp gauge is CAN bus controlled in these.  I haven't had anyone else report a temp gauge not working so that's most odd.  Is the tacho working and all the warning lamps off when the engine is running?

The AC should just be set to basic mode in these, there is a separate AC controller that does the cycling and pressure/temp control.  

Attach a log and the tune showing the AC problem.  

I got the AC figured out. I guess I fat fingered a couple cells in the timing map and it just wasn't making enough power to stay on. Copied the base map timing back over and it works good now. 

Still haven't been able to figure out the temp gauge part. But the tach and everything else is working. There is a trac light and hill assist light on which I'm not worried about though. 

And another issue I'm having is the car is only making 10psi. Looks like wg duty cycle is dropping down to 5% even though it's set to closer to 30% duty cycle. I'm new to closed loop cost control, everything looks right(I think) but it's dropping. 

Here's a copy of the tune and a log of driving around a bit in case it helps out. 

Log 1.llgx wrx xtreme.pclx

Did you try both the key start and push button start CAN modes? (you need to power cycle ign after changing mode). The trac and hill start lamp will stay on if you have the wrong mode, so its worth a try if you haven't already.  This wont change the temp gauge though.  

For the boost control, it looks like you have changed the target since you did that log, but the reason it is pulling duty cycle out is because your MAP is way above the target.  

g2kifxy.png

Ok I'll try the button start can mode to see if that changes anything. The car is key start so I loaded that mode originally. But I'll give the other one a shot to see if anything changes. 

And yea I changed some stuff in the wg duty cycle table. But it didn't seem to work so I put it back to the base map values. I must have sent you a tune file I saved after I set it back. Seeing this though I think I just got confused on the boost target table axis for being gauge pressure instead of absolute pressure. 

So I'll try raising the target up and hopefully that will get me a good result. 

I got the boost control working. But I think my map sensor scaling is wrong. I also tried both can options. All the abs/trac lights remain on regardless of can option. The temp gauge also appears to be on the wrong stream maybe? If I open can setup, go to can devices and click on find devices on can module 1, the temp gauge will sit in the middle. If I click on find devices on can module 2, the gauge will drop to full cold for a few seconds then return to full hot. And when I close out the can setup page the gauge moves back to full hot. 

I see you have the subaru CAN mode enabled on both CAN 1 and CAN 2, it should only be enabled on the port that is wired to the car bus.  Having 1 set up with nothing corrected will overwrite some of the incoming data with zeros.  

Once you fix that, try both the keystart and button start CAN modes again.  

Do you have, or know someone with a Tactrix openport 2.0?

Ok so with the 11x key start can stream setup on can 2, the temp gauge is now working, and the abs lights went off. But the security light came on. If I remember right I may be able to reset the security light. But if not I can live with it now that the temp gauge is working. 

I tried button start as well. With the button start can stream the temp gauge works on can 2 but the abs lights turn back on.