CAN Communication between G4x Xtreme - PMU16 - MXG Dash

Aqmar

This is one of the interesting parts of my setup for my MR2. I have installed Link G4x Xtreme, 8 Button CAN Keypad, 2 CAN Lambda, PMU16 and MXG dash.

On my initial setup, all components listed above communicated well but with a not-so-neat stream of CANMessages (I created multiple channel broadcasts from each component). I try to improve the communication between all these components and try to write the CAN Messages with a single channel but with multiple frames in 1 stream. I plan to have Link and PMU16 broadcast their CAN through the CAN2 in their single channel. The PMU16 is sending a multiplexed frame of CANbus in 1 channel, and same goes for the LinkG4x.  

After a few attempts, I manage to get the MXG Dash to communicate well with the PMU16. However, I failed to get the Link ECU to read the CANBus message from the PMU16. Especially when it comes to receiving the CAN Keypad via PMU16 streams, I have tried to play around with it but still can't get it right. I am no expert in CANBus, but these features should be utilised to ensure that all components can work effectively.

What am I missing here? I attached here the files from the Link G4x Xtreme, PMU16 and MXG Dash. Any assistance and discussion to improve this CAN stream will be very much appreciated.

LINK_MR2 2GR_@20210301_024601_004305.xc1 2GR MR2 ver 9.pclx MR2 2GR Ver9.pmu

Two things:

• you have Link CAN Lambda in your channels twice, you only need it in there once regardless of how many you have connected
  • In stream 2 (your receive stream) you have ID position set to noen and no specified ID for each frame

Capture.PNG

Try these.  Im not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, but here is what I changed:

1. In the ECU I added the frame ID's to user stream 2 and turned off the duplicate CAN lambda as Vaughan mentioned above.
  2. In the RS3 I moved the starter relay channel to the match ecu and PDU
  3. In the PDU I deleted the 0x44C receive message as it looked like you are now wanting to use 0x3E8 to receive the same statuses. I turned off the keypad CAN export as it looks like you have all the buttons in the other custom export streams on 0x19.  

One thing I'm not sure about is if the PMU will be happy to send the 3 export messages all on the same ID.  In theory it should but I have never tried it on this device and many other similar devices wont allow that.  

MR2 2GR Ver10.pmu 2GR MR2 ver 10.pclx LINK_MR2 2GR V10_@20210301_024601_004305.xc1

On 8/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, Adamw said:

Try these.  Im not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, but here is what I changed:

1. In the ECU I added the frame ID's to user stream 2 and turned off the duplicate CAN lambda as Vaughan mentioned above.
  2. In the RS3 I moved the starter relay channel to the match ecu and PDU
  3. In the PDU I deleted the 0x44C receive message as it looked like you are now wanting to use 0x3E8 to receive the same statuses. I turned off the keypad CAN export as it looks like you have all the buttons in the other custom export streams on 0x19.  

One thing I'm not sure about is if the PMU will be happy to send the 3 export messages all on the same ID.  In theory it should but I have never tried it on this device and many other similar devices wont allow that.  

MR2 2GR Ver10.pmu 8 kB · 1 download 2GR MR2 ver 10.pclx 474.19 kB · 1 download LINK_MR2 2GR V10_@20210301_024601_004305.xc1 419.74 kB · 1 download

Thanks @Adamw  and @Vaughan,

I have done some fine setting based on the base map you shared. I just wonder on the duplicate CAN Lambda that you mention. The reason I set it 2 stream because I have 2 CAN Lambda dedicated for each bank. Based from the help file that i read as though the 2nd ID should be 951

image.png.0ea87ed4f957e30307fab9558b5d3783.png

image.thumb.png.dd6e140a28fc62636caea6fd27dcc02e.png

Anyway..the engine runs well now. all 3 devices communicated well. 

2GR MR2 ver 9.1.pclx

You only need 1 CAN channel set to "Link CAN Lambda" with the ID at 950.  This one channel will receive lambda data from all CAN lambdas devices that are connected to the same bus and will allocate them based on the ID the device is broadcasting.