4AGZE DLI wiring

nick turner

Hi There, I have a G1 V5 setup for a 4AGZE with DLI. I am using a mitsi dual channel ignitor, 4AGZE dual-post coils and a 4AGZE CAS. As far as I can tell, everything is wired in correctly, however the hand controller does not display a engine speed reading during cranking, and the car does not have spark. I have confirmed the ignitor and coils are wired correctly and receive 12v with ignition. The CAS is wired as per the "c04" pdf document on this site. Any suggestions of what to look for would be fantastic. Cheers

HI Nick,

So far I can't see anything wrong with what you've done. If you can get your hands on a scope you could scope both triggers at the ECU to make sure they're getting there ok. Also you could take a photo of the 'sub board' inside the ECU so we can see if is the correct one for your application.

-Cameron

I had the ecu sent to your workshop recently to have the correct board swapped out and also updated to v5 (from v3). Ref 0035. Ill grab a photo of the board tonight for you. The only concern I had with the wiring was that the c04 diagram lists as "DLI 4AGZE distributed" when it uses a wasted spark setup and has no distributor from factory. However the image and wiring colors matched up to what I had in my engine bay, so I went with it anyway. For "signal ground" I am using the cable shielding from IG1 (but not IG2 also) as the LEM manual suggests using. I have confirmed the ground reaches the ECU plug. Cheers

The sticker on the sub-board (the raised board) chip is labelled as follows: (Link) SUB24NEW 130209 The other chipset on the mainboard is labelled as follows: (Link) D42V5F 130209 The sticker on the corner of the sub board is labelled: 2004/07 S/N007455 Link Electro Systems The dipswitch on the sub board is set to "1" out of a possible "1" or "ON" I hope this is helpful in identifying its setup! Also, in the hand controller, ignition is set to "multicoil" Cheers

Hi Nick

Cameron asked me to take over on this one. From the details you have given it is all as it should / needs to be.  The area to look at is signals coming from the CAS. We need to check that we have the 24 tooth trigger hooked into trig 1 and the single tooth / sync in to trig 2. And that the signals are actually there.

ok, I have made some progress! I went to check conductivity again and resistance, and discovered an oversight from earlier testing. Within the Trig 1 cable, containing yellow/brown wires - brown would normally be used for power to optical sensor and yellow to trig 1. However, when checking the plug at the ECU I discovered brown to be utilised as trig 1 and yellow for power. Swapping the connections around and trying it again has yielded a engine speed figure on the hand controller! However, I still have no spark. Are there any other tests I can conduct? Cheers for all of your help so far. Nick