Turbolamik

Grant Pratt

Try these.  In the transmit stream I have used injector duty cycle in place of torque as G4+ wire-in ECU's dont have a torque management function.  IDC generally represents torque quite well, use the multiplier to achieve a realistic peak value and use the offset to zero out torque at idle.  

The ecu will receive gear position, oil temp (CAN TC #8), Torque reduction request (CAN DIG1), blip request (CAN DIG2), Neutral/park status, and speed (RR Wheel speed).  

For the torque reduction you can do it in various ways, but what I have done in the past for other transcontrollers is set up a virtual aux so for low torque shifts it uses retard only, for high torque shifts it does a cut (trigger the gear shift cut).  For the blip just use the DI to switch E-throttle target tables. 

turbolamik receive stream ID1602.lcs turbolamik transmit stream ID1536.lcs

Hi Adam, just an update. Got to the customer and hooked up the Link and the tunerpro. Downloaded the files you sent and the link can is green except after a while Acknowledge error comes up but nothing works at the turbolamik end. The guys from turbolamik Aust. Logged in and they can't get it talking either so we are still stuck ATM. Daniel is going to contact the builder of turbolamik and hopefully he can sort it unless you have any ideas. Cheers, Grant.

The CAN set up I done is just based on their "defaults" listed here: http://manual.turbolamik.eu/READ.html and http://manual.turbolamik.eu/SEND.html

I just took a quick look in their software now, to make that work I assume you will need to set the "Can2A Type CAR" to #6. 

It is not clear if you need to set the matching ID's in their software or if it uses the defaults, but I would set the "Read custom ECU ID" to 1536, and the "Send ID" to 1601.

Also make sure the "Can2 Speed" matches what you have set in the ecu (usually 500K if you have an OEM shifter connected).  

Q7XkHx8.png

In your ECU CAN set up, make sure you have the format set to normal (it is set to extended in your pic above).

kZ30FXh.png

Sorry Adam, I just talked to owner it sits at 100 engine off and running in the tubolamik dash. When he plays with offset in the turbolamik it moves from 100 to a higher value depending on offset with engine running. It should be going lower with vacuum I assume?

Im not sure what he is up to.  You shouldn't be messing with any offsets.  

I would expect the only things you would need to touch to receive their standard CAN message is:

• Set the "Can2A Type CAR" to #6. 
  • Set MAP sensor input to #13 - CAN 2A input.
  • Set the DBW input to #13 - CAN 2A input (their CAN spec actually says TPS is pedal position, so I assume "DBW" is what we call TPS). 
  • Set Engine RPM Input to #3 - CAN 2A input.

3jkYRP0.png