Which One???

Cole Brown

Hey guys. well im going to be at the stage where i need to buy a computer for my project soon. i asked on various forums and was told to go with a link... Now what i need. Im building a Twin Charged Kp starlet (supercharged and turbo) so i need a comp to run all the usual things like fuel/ignition etc but i also need a comp that will be able to switch the supercharger off at idle (on at like 1200rpm) so that it doesnt blow pipes off because the throttle is closed and it will also be switched on the dash so i can turn it off for round town driving. and then i will also need to be able to run high and low boost settings (about 15psi on low and 25-30psi on high). and thats where i think my problem will be... With the SC on its will be at full boost at around 2500rpm and will need to be mapped for that... then when the SC is off it would need to mapped differently am i right (so its not running super rich). WHICH ONE GUYS???? also the boost will need to be electronically controlled. Im not up with all the technical lingo so please explain it so a 3 year old could understand it.

The real deciding factor is how many inputs and out puts will be needed

this will be the decider between a G4 Storm or the G4 Extreme as well as injector type (low impedance vs high)

write yourself a list like   how many injectors are you to run  do you want sequential versus group  do you plan on staged injectors

how many ignition drives are needed multi coil versus distributed

how many outputs are needed ,

fan control, fuel pump, boost control ,idle control and how many wires does the idle control have, Tacho output , shift light, supercharger clutch etc

and finally what your budget is  Both ecus will do the job perfectly it comes down to the required inputs and outputs that you need to control

regards

David Heerdegen

[email protected]

Its a 4cylinder so will be running 4 injectors from another model (maybe supra). the motor im getting is distributor but other models come out with wasted spark, with a cam angle sensor. i think i will switch to that... and as for fuel pumps and fans etc, i was just going to wire fuel pumps into the ignition (turn the key on and they run).. it has and electric fan standard so it wont be running that. in reality i would probly only need about 5 outputs. budget... well i will be saving for which ever one will run it. one thing i noticed was that the storm has a 2.5bar map sensor, 1.5 boost i think it said. so that is 22psi. i plan on running more then that so what happens there? or am i looking at that the completely wrong way? and what is sequential injection? Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you will be fine with the G4 Storm  if you plan on running more boost than what the internal sensor is capable of then you will need to wire in an external map sensor instead

Sequential injection is where each injector is fired individually when it is needed and requires individual injector drives connected to each injector          the alternative is group fire where two injector drives are used and all injectors are fired at the same time regardless if that cylinder needs fuel on that stroke or not.

Where abouts are you based so that we can get you in touch with your nearest dealer to help you further

Regards

David Heerdegen

[email protected]

• 5 weeks later...