Idle Ignition Control startup lockout needed

Dinn BTC

Hi everyone... 

I wish that in the link ecu software they add a startup lockout in 'sec' parameter for the Idle ignition control to start activate. During startup it should be in the main ignition table instead of target idle timing. 

In my example:

Running on the latest firmware. 

Target idle timing was 16 deg

Max timing 25 deg

Min timing -5 deg

Map lockout 40 kpa

Rpm lockout 200 

Target idle rpm 900

**During cranking the ignition still go straight to 16deg (target idle timing) & not on the main ignition table which is set to 0 deg (map 100kpa@0-1000rpm) linear up to 14 deg (map 0-20kpa@0-1000rpm). Get a knocking sound went the engine initially start the firing cycle. 

If there is a Lockout 1-5 sec for startup & the Idle ignition control take over after that lockout would be nice. 

It's all good when i switch off the Idle Ignition control... The G4X idle control was marvelous and easy to setup, but if there's s a bit more on the lockout control side for the Idle Ignition would be appreciated... 

Thank you. 

Dinn Dynamics Tuning (Malaysia)

Edited by Dinn BTC

In the latest firmware you can use a table for the idle ignition target (use G5 software).  You could use engine runtime or a GP output to change the target during startup if you wish.  

However, if you have knock or kick back at 16deg when cranking with poor cylinder filling etc, I would guess it is more likely a trigger issue than a "too much advance" issue.  

ChCIfSw.png

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

In the latest firmware you can use a table for the idle ignition target (use G5 software).  You could use engine runtime or a GP output to change the target during startup if you wish.  

However, if you have knock or kick back at 16deg when cranking with poor cylinder filling etc, I would guess it is more likely a trigger issue than a "too much advance" issue.  

ChCIfSw.png

Hi AdamW,

Thanks for the reply regarding to this matter. The problem does not exist when i switch OFF the Idle Ignition Control. 

G5 software compatible with G4X ecu's? That table will solve the problem, in other ecu brand they have this parameter for user to select.

Anyway, Thank you so much for the kindly help AdamW and wish u had a nice day.

Thanks You

Dinn Dynamics Tuning (Malaysia)