V7.1.21 Firmware Release

Oprah_152

I just wanted to Report back after upgrading to the latest release. I'm loving the development! but please more table allocations! :)

Feed Forward E-Throttle

I followed the recommended steps in the Help menu to setup the feed forward table which unfortunately left me with some delay in throttle operation which I'm 90% sure is calibration issue. When logging the Feed Forward parameter the log output is 0.000. I'm assuming because my throttle response had changed that the feed forward table is working, just not displaying in the log properly?.

image.thumb.png.841064db579f41729d095bacef412bbf.png

image.png.1e18cbbe8cb49439189fecd3936f0116.png

Fuel Pump Control

I think I've always lived with this, but for what ever reason my ECU shows FP Speed to be statically set to 10% which is my minimum clamp %. I don't currently monitor Fuel Pressure but I haven't ran into any fueling issues so I have always ignored this. I've run this from 10% to 70% and not seen any abnormal lean / rich conditions.

image.thumb.png.1eeb2c9a93a5f320d1881162d28281f9.png

image.thumb.png.7ed6f9990d3b2fb1251309de05da868a.png

Virtual Aux

I don't see the new virtual aux channels 9-12 available for use when I go to choose these parameters. (not on my critical path, just observed this.)

image.png.1815ffc9c5951df9a8eef519c9cb630e.png

GT86 CAN

Fuel economy on the dash is displaying half of what the ECU is displaying. It appears to be statically set to display the fuel consumption of a 4-Cyl. I am personally using a 1UZ in my 86.

Example
Dash = 4.8L/100km
PCLINK = 9.6L/100km

Cruise Light on Dash doesn't appear to be included in the CAN package. Below is some basic settings to play with to get the light to work, I haven't put in the time to get the Mult./Divi/Offsets properly setup but I have used the offsets paired with a switch to bring the lights on.

Amber Tach | CAN ID = 865 | Start Pos = 32 | Width = 8 | Offset to work = 200
Set Light | CAN ID = 864 | Start Pos = 40 | Width = 8 | Offset to work = 100
Green Tach | CAN ID = 864 | Start Pos = 40 | Width = 8 | Offset to work = 250

image.png

16 hours ago, Oprah_152 said:

When logging the Feed Forward parameter the log output is 0.000.

Do you have the PID setup to monitor E-throttle 1?

6xzzh9M.png

17 hours ago, Oprah_152 said:

I think I've always lived with this, but for what ever reason my ECU shows FP Speed to be statically set to 10% which is my minimum clamp %. I don't currently monitor Fuel Pressure but I haven't ran into any fueling issues so I have always ignored this. I've run this from 10% to 70% and not seen any abnormal lean / rich conditions.

Your multiplier is set to -1%/%.  ie. for 25% fuel pump speed you are asking for -25% duty cycle. 

Fuel economy on the dash is displaying half of what the ECU is displaying. It appears to be statically set to display the fuel consumption of a 4-Cyl. I am personally using a 1UZ in my 86.

Example
Dash = 4.8L/100km
PCLINK = 9.6L/100km

Can the gauge show live data or is it an average since last reset?  Are the wheel speeds reading correctly in the ecu?

I don't see the new virtual aux channels 9-12 available for use when I go to choose these parameters. (not on my critical path, just observed this.)

This one im not aware of, where does it say VA9-16 was added?  I remember CAN analog 9-16 being added, but I think that was a while ago.

Cruise Light on Dash doesn't appear to be included in the CAN package. Below is some basic settings to play with to get the light to work, I haven't put in the time to get the Mult./Divi/Offsets properly setup but I have used the offsets paired with a switch to bring the lights on.

Ill check that, I do have the cruise set and cruise enabled signal noted on ID864 in our internal documentation but our car doest have cruise so it may not have been tested.  I dont think our car has the tach lights so they definitely arent in the stream.  What do these tach lights usually do - come on at a certain RPM or something?

18 hours ago, Oprah_152 said:

Virtual Aux

You might have gotten confused... GP Output 9-12 were added in the latest firmware, but nothing was mentioned about Virtual Aux 9-12 in the release notes..

17 hours ago, essb00 said:

You might have gotten confused... GP Output 9-12 were added in the latest firmware, but nothing was mentioned about Virtual Aux 9-12 in the release notes..

You are 100% right, I was confusing the two! 

18 hours ago, Adamw said:
On 9/19/2023 at 11:57 PM, Oprah_152 said:

When logging the Feed Forward parameter the log output is 0.000.

Do you have the PID setup to monitor E-throttle 1?

6xzzh9M.png

I did not! makes perfect sense though. 

Your multiplier is set to -1%/%.  ie. for 25% fuel pump speed you are asking for -25% duty cycle.

Derp!, I did this years ago and I believe my thought then was it would invert the DC. Thanks!

Example
Dash = 4.8L/100km
PCLINK = 9.6L/100km

Can the gauge show live data or is it an average since last reset?  Are the wheel speeds reading correctly in the ecu?

This is coming from the Live data on the dash, not the AVG. looking through the logs, it does seem wheel speed is about 12% off on the ECU now. I'll take closer note next time I'm out.

Ill check that, I do have the cruise set and cruise enabled signal noted on ID864 in our internal documentation but our car doest have cruise so it may not have been tested.  I dont think our car has the tach lights so they definitely arent in the stream.  What do these tach lights usually do - come on at a certain RPM or something?

Sorry, I see how I wrote this can be a bit confusing. The "Tach" I'm referring to is the little dial gauge that comes on when you enable cruise control. I'm happy to aid in further testing if needed. 

On 9/20/2023 at 5:30 PM, Adamw said:

Example
Dash = 4.8L/100km
PCLINK = 9.6L/100km

Confirmed that the wheel speed coming from the CAN stream is about 15% off. 

ECU = ~100km/h
Vehicle = ~115km/h

I did some more work on this yesterday.  I have confirmed the fuel consumption scaling incorrect by a factor of about 1.7 - so that seems like most of your error. 

I can confirm the speed calibration is a tiny bit off too, but not 15%, more like 3%. The factory speedo actually reads significantly higher than the real speed (about 15% in our car).  Validated against both GPS and the reported speed on the factory bus with a techstream diagnostic tool.

I can confirm two of the cruise indicator bits are missing in the current firmware, but I only have confirmed data for two states "enabled" and "set", I didnt know there was a green and orange lamp for "enabled" at the time. 

So I can dig a bit deeper, can you give a quick explanation of what the green and orange states represent with the factory ecu - I assume green means "On and ready" and orange means "On but conditions not met"