Knock sensor query / advice

Michael - S13

Hey Guys!

Coming towards the end of run in and doing final prep before dyno tune.

After some knock sensor advice. 

Sr20det factory knock sensor harness is a 2 - wire setup. Can i get a bosch Wideband  knock sensor and rewire to factory harness and re calibrate through the g4x ? Looking for some real world data. Other option is an external 2 wire shielded setup, in that case is there anywhere to wire it direct to the ecu or would it needed to be tapped into the existing knock sensor pin outs ?

I currently have a new bosch knock sensor in place but unsure of the accuracy due to being a stroker with different bore size and stroke than oem. Thanks guys!

Hi Adam,

Wanting to set up knock settings before dyno. is the settings for wide band knock control under the normalised knock a good starting point being it’s a forged engine ?

Reason being i want to do some pulls at gate pressure and standard timing to ensure it’s clean the whole way through rpm range and ensure that the trigger or anything else won’t become an issue before wasting time. Thankyou