Engine speed ROC

Michael - S13

Hey Guys,

Another query before final tune. Ive noticed my engine speed ROC is very erratic, no trigger errors. Car runs quite faultless also.

Is there any settings i can use to get this to almost identical to true engine speed ?

Factory CAS and wiring.

Ill attach a log file, Thankyou guys.

ROC.llgx

Erratic ROC (and some nice timing scatter at high RPM to go with it:unsure:), is just the nature of a high resolution trigger that is connected to a 4 cyl camshaft (extreme resonance) with a whole lot of mechanical backlash between what the crank is doing and the CAS is doing.  ROC is generally not used for a lot so as long as dwell is reasonably stable it is not usually of any consequence.  There is further ROC channel with a user configurable filter in the knock control function that you can use for other purposes if needed. 

Unrelated comment, but if you increase your MAP lockout to about 70Kpa in idle control settings that will likely solve your idle oscillation. 

Thanks heaps for the reply as always!

it’ll be on the dyno in the next few weeks for power runs and see how the trigger goes. revs very clean up to 6500rpm at this stage. ideally an upgraded trigger is on the cards once funds recover, not going for huge power at this stage.

That was an old log i had to display the ROC. You legends have fixed my idle issues already. haha Thankyou :)