AUX-6 and 5 problem on HC96X

Dobbi

Hey Guys i have a problem setting up Aux 5 and 6 on my HC96x.

Im using Aux-6 for the VTEC-relay and wired it to low-side-driving. I set up the Aux-6 to active state "Low" and driver typ "Low side"
but couldn't get this to work.
I rewired the relay to high-side-driving, set up the aux-6 to "high" and "high side" but again couldn't get this to work.
In test-mode the ECU is sending batterie-voltage to the Aux-6 pin even everything was set to Low-Side-Driving.
The only way to make it work is: wiring the relay to high-side-driving an set up Aux-6 to "low side".

Same issue with Aux-5, im using this for a small shift-light-LED. The positiv lead is connected to the VTEC-power-wire, the negative lead goes to aux-5 but also just works if i rewire the LED to high side.

The other aux-outputs working as intended.

You shouldn't need a relay with the plug-in ECU for a vtec solenoid, set it to high side as it comes in the originally base calibration. 

Now if you're trying to activate a light when vtec is active you could do this using a GP output use low side to activate the relay with switch conditions being "vtec = active" or aux 6 status = active.

Aux 5 & 6 have dedicated high side drive hardware fitted on the adapter board for driving the factory vtec sol directly, Aux 5 does the intake runner on some integras.  They can only do high side and there is no need for a relay.  Active state should be set to low.