Fuel Tech Gear Controller

jvalcamp

I am looking to purchase a BNIB strain gauge and gear controller from a buddy for a good price but am not 100% certain of compatibility with G4+ Xtreme ECU. There are many additional features on the controller that, as I understand, I basically want to operate as a simple amplifier with analog output to the ECU. I have no experience with strain gauges or these controllers.  My question is can I wire it up and configure to work like this? I want the ECU to control the ignition cuts, not the FT controller.

https://www.realstreetpowersports.com/fueltech-gearcontroller-gear-change-controller-with-active-traction-control-with-10ft-blank-harness.html

https://www.fueltech.net/products/shift-knob-w-strain-gauge-sensor

I understand there are better units available but come at a price premium compared to this option available to me. 

Are there other options for an amplifier?

Thanks.

Yeah you could use that.  You cant connect the strain gauge shift knob directly to the ECU as it doesnt have an amplifier built in as most do.  So I would use the FT "controller" only as an amplifier.  Connect the yellow/red 0-5V output to an ecu analogue input and set that up as gear lever force in the ecu.  Connect the black signal ground wire to ecu sensor ground.  All set up and control of the gear shift will be done in the ecu, the only thing you may have to change in the FT controller is the "sensor sensitivity" setting if it doesnt output an appropriate voltage range to the ecu with the default setting.