Idle control RPM Lockout

craig903

Hi,

Could I have some classification please on the RPM lockout field found within the idle speed control setup, When using a 4 wire bipolar stepper on open loop this option is RPM lockout and then changes to RPM Lockout above target when on closed loop.

I think I'm over confusing this but is this as it reads, I.e. with open loop if you set it to 2000rpm then the idle control will shut off at 2000rpm and in closed loop with a target of 900rpm it will shut off at 2900rpm?

I think this has caused me a few headaches because I didn't realise the option changed when switching between open and closed loop and having initially set it to 1000rpm for closed loop I've switched back to open loop and something was causing me a headache and I think this may be it.

thanks 

26 minutes ago, craig903 said:

I think I'm over confusing this but is this as it reads, I.e. with open loop if you set it to 2000rpm then the idle control will shut off at 2000rpm and in closed loop with a target of 900rpm it will shut off at 2900rpm?

This is correct.  

When you are in open loop (with idle ignition control off) then there is no target, so obviously the lockout cant reference target.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

This is correct.  

When you are in open loop (with idle ignition control off) then there is no target, so obviously the lockout cant reference target.  

Thanks Adam,

I've also had to adjust the step count for the stepper valve because with the default 200 steps it wasn't enough to have the valve repeatably open fully at 100% and close at 0%. I've had to adjust it to 270 steps, then let the valve reset and then test and I can now repeatably get it fully open/fully closed at 0% and 100%, Its the Peugeot/Citroen Magneti Marelli 4 pin stepper with the two inner pins and two outer pins being the coils. Before I don't think the stepper was resetting properly and one minute the car would start and idle, the next it would start and rev its tits off. I have yet to put it back together but have I approached this correctly setting wise? The hold power wiring is correct and working correctly.

thanks