Fuel correction per gear possible? any "Stores" limits with ecu writes at all?

cbDrift

Hiya, does anyone know if there is a way to do fueling correction per gear - not just a single value percentage change per gear, but a small table (even 8x8 is useful) per gear of a percentage change for fueling?

I come from a haltech background on a honda k series and now ive finished with that, im in a turbo with a link and i'm wondering how to be able to correct what i see on the wideband vs the target fueling like i could with the haltech

If you floor it in first and run through the gears on a dragstrip or motorway onramp - first gear logs as not getting close to target fueling till after 6k rpm, second is better, 3rd closer again, 4th where the car was tuned being great...

how much of this disparity in lower gears is the timelag between rpm going up quickly - and the exhaust gas getting to the sensor (just after the turbo in the downpipe)

...or is the logging accurate - and the engine is actually running (sorry not lambda) leaner than 13:1 on pump gas with over 100kpa of positive manifold pressure in it?

seeing i have a subaru - internet legendary for letting the pistons go when you dont want them to - i'm a bit worried about this.

on the haltech - there was an 8x8 correction table per gear, and it made a huge difference in power output (butt dyno said "awww yeah" tyres did not) in the lower gears, and the logging showed that fueling tracked more accurately to the targets in all gears after it was setup.

i cant see how to get the same sort of deal with the link system tho, is there a way to do this?  I'd like to be able to do (rpm vs load or tps) with the table holding a percentage correction to fueling - one table per gear.

and finally - i see there is a counter in the stats screen for the number of stores - the haltech was a realtime store with every change when you were connected - the link is a write the differences type deal when you tell it to (both systems have their good and bad points)  is there a limit on the number of stores you have before the link ecu will start getting failures with writes?

theres some stuff i love with the haltech i had, over the link, theres some stuff i love with the link over the haltech - its a learning experience and a half :)

We dont have seperate fuel correction tables per gear - you have the 4D, 5D and the dual fuel can do 6D so that would only cover 3 gears. 

Rather than fudge it with correction tables however, I would first try to work out why the mixture is changing with gear ratio, it shouldn't.