Rich Idle

simon gottlieb

Hi guys im running a possum link in my my99 forester and I am seeing a rich idle.

Im seeing between 11 - 12.3 afr on my wideband. I have tried reducing fuel around the idle area but I find if I alter it to much the car hunts.

I have to set my Clamp level to 47 to get my car to idle well otherwise on warm up it tend to stutter and hunt violently.

Other than this I can get all my afrs in the areas I want but its just idle that it seems rich.

Any advise on this. Happy to send my map if that could be of any help.

Thanks alot

Simon

Hi Simon

If your MAP is reading stable at idle then you should be able to lower the clamp. You might have to offset this with increasing the fuel in the idle zones.

What injectors are you running? If they are large it could be you are looking for opening times that are just on the injector dead time and this is causing them to not function correctly.

Hi Simon

My MAP bounces around a lot on idle when warming up then still hunts a little when warm.

Injectors are standard and the master fuel has been set to 80.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but as I lift off the throttle my afr's shoot to 10.00 full rich and only start to rise slowly once I have come to a complete stop.

Thanks for your help so far

Simon