@-stroke exhaust valve solenoid control

Jamie Pardeefury x

I have a link furyx on a Polaris snowmobile and can not figure out how to control the exhaust valves.  The solenoid requires power to open and close but also requires a signal.  if constant power is left on when it reaches open or closed it burns the solenoid up.  The  old vipec used this on the artic cat solenoids.  If i knew how that was setup I would just use a cat solenoid actuator and be done with it.   Is there any help or input?

We barely have any sleds down here in NZ so we dont have a lot of exposure or experience.  Most of our technical support in the Vipec days was handled by precision EFI.  However we may have some information on some of the polaris sleds we worked on that may help, I could do with more detail what you are working with.  A quick look in our notes, the 600cc engine has a system they call "VES" which looks like a fairly traditional 2 wire solenoid valve that controls a diaphragm, then the bigger ones have a system called E-VES, which looks like a closed loop servo motor and another "convertor box" connected to the ecu.  

Can you explain what you have.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:28 PM, Adamw said:

We barely have any sleds down here in NZ so we dont have a lot of exposure or experience.  Most of our technical support in the Vipec days was handled by precision EFI.  However we may have some information on some of the polaris sleds we worked on that may help, I could do with more detail what you are working with.  A quick look in our notes, the 600cc engine has a system they call "VES" which looks like a fairly traditional 2 wire solenoid valve that controls a diaphragm, then the bigger ones have a system called E-VES, which looks like a closed loop servo motor and another "convertor box" connected to the ecu.  

Can you explain what you have.

These are the e-ves and the selenium is controlled by the factory ecu based on engine rpm.  All I am looking to do is have them open above  a set rpm then close below that rpm.  I believe Polaris has it set to partially open the fully open.   I don’t need that function.