Subaru Impreza GC8 Version 3 with Link G4X plugin - MAF use

WRX_555

I’m going to be mapping a Version 3 Impreza STI GC8 on a Link G4X plugin and I’m keen to use the MAF as the load axis for the fuel table.
I noticed that the MAF output can’t be used as an input source for the fuelling equation so I just wanted to check if using the MAF voltage can be used as a load axis, with the fuelling equation using MAP. 

Cheers,

WRX_555

Load source should be set to off for MAF use as you are measuring the mass directly, so the ecu does not need to know/calculate density.  

Having said that, I suggest you stick to speed density for most applications, MAF measurement isnt particulary good during transients due to the inherent lag, most OEM ecu's will have a speed density type calculation in the background that overrides the MAF measurment during transients, Link and most other aftermarket ECU's dont have this functionality.  I would only use MAF for logging or in applications where operation is relatively steady state such as aircraft or cruise boats.