Can setup issue. G4X + Strada MGX 1.2

Ilias Voronas

Hello Guys!

Merry Christmas!

I need some help with my project.

Car is tuned and running with no issues.

2JZ in a Drift Spec S14.

I have Link G4Xtreme ecu and AIM MXG 1.2 STRADA (LINK branded) display.

I have Link CAN Lambda and Ecumaster EGT to CAN on CAN 2 on 1Mbit.

I can see Lambda information in Link software  and the display with no issues.

However EGT CAN is a more tricky setup for me, I can see the EGT data in the Link software (EGT Cyl 1, EGT Cyl 2 EGT Cyl 3, EGT Cyl 4 e.t.c..) ( have setup id's and CAN speed) but can not figure out how to display the EGT data on the AIM display. I tried with CAN builder in RS3 with no success.

I looked on the forum for relevant posts but did not understand how to send and receive the EGT messages. 

I am also trying to send a CAN stream from the ECU to the Display (DI8) METHANOL STATUS  ( to inform me when the methanol tank is empty. To make a simple EMPTY icon to lit up when empty and program LED No:8 as an alarm function).

The RS3 alarm and graphics are easy for me just need some guidance on how to send and receive the CAN messages.

Would highly appreciate any assistance.

I have attached my files from G4X and AIM Display if anybody can take a look at what im missing in the CAN setup.

Kind Regards

MXG 1.2 Strada - LINK S14A.zconfig NISSAN 200SX 2JZ LARDIS.pclx

• 2 weeks later...

So AIM's CAN profile only displays what they have listed and nothing more. The unfortunate part is you cant just add too it on the AIM side (you can on the link side). The alternative is pretty much creating your own from scratch. such as this.

image.thumb.png.34498a1bb393f0dcef5346fc25f72f58.png
and individual bit stuff like this
image.png.0e65a705c18a12346b54b42757e4ab98.png

If you give me a list of everything you want, I can probably make you a file for AIM and Link to use.

One simpler alternative if you don't have anything on AIM's CAN2, wire CAN1 and CAN2 together and use CAN1 as the default Link you have, and use CAN2 as anything you want to add and you don't have to recreate everything. 

I'm more likely to see a message on my IG @guilty_garage if you want me to make something

Sorry I've been on holiday (still for another week), had some spare time tonight. 

Modified files attached.  The only thing I have changed in the ecu config is the CAN ID on stream 5 to 1100, just to match one of my existing templates - so if your ecu map has had further tuning since your original post then this is all you need to change in your existing map to make it work.   EGT's dont need to be sent from the ECU since they are already broadcast on the same bus, these can be read directly into the dash from the amp.  

The .xc1 file attached below is not needed to make your dash work, but you can import this into the CAN builder in RS3 if you wish to add anything to the CAN stream in the future.  

Some of your display pages may have some of the fields changed around a bit as my templates use different labels than the default AIM template.  I did make sure any important channels for alarms etc were matched.  

NISSAN 200SX 2JZ LARDIS CAN changes.pclx LINK_Llias Custom_@20240108_072103_006365.xc1 LINK S14A.zconfig

Dear Adam, 

Good day.

Thank you for your reply.

As some time passed and i needed the config done, i took some time and read through the forum and took the HP Academy Can Bus course.

Eventually yesterday evening i managed to get it set up.

I really appreciate the time you took to look into my files.

I have attached my config files in case somebody wants to make a similar setup.

Warmest regards

Ilias

LINK_Link MXS Custom_@20230318_005233_002523.xc1 MXG 1.2 Strada - LINK S14A + CAN CUSTOM .zconfig