MXG CAN Stream Help

mk3design

I have most of what I need in AIM - but need help getting a few more pieces of data over and troubleshooting some others.

• Ethanol %. This is currently coming through the stream, but it doesn't display a value. I can see the value in Link.
  • Boost (PSI)
  • Vehicle Speed. I am using a BMW DCT, and the software to control the transmission (HTG) can calculate vehicle speed, I believe I have the CAN output set right on the HTG side (See photo, LMK if I need to change any values). But I don't know how to see this in Link, let alone pass it through over to the dash. The value from HTG should come over as a number in KPH.
  • Transmission Temp. Same as above - I have a CAN output in HTG for trans temp. Need help getting this to Link and then AIM.

Appreciate any help! I've attached my map and aim config. Let me know if you need anything else.

MAP - DEC 24.pclr MXG 1.2 Strada - Link Config 02.zconfig

IMG_9547.jpg

I dont think ethanol was in the CAN stream in the old firmware you are running, so update to the latest firmware will probably solve that. 

"Boost" is "MGP" in the ecu and dash.  

Your HTG CAN setup doesnt look suitable, you are trying to send 10 bytes of data on ID 73a, you need a max of 8 per ID.  It looks like you only have 1 byte being sent on ID 7a so move some of the others to that ID would be the best option.  

If you attach the HTG config I can take a look.

18 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I dont think ethanol was in the CAN stream in the old firmware you are running, so update to the latest firmware will probably solve that. 

"Boost" is "MGP" in the ecu and dash.  

Your HTG CAN setup doesnt look suitable, you are trying to send 10 bytes of data on ID 73a, you need a max of 8 per ID.  It looks like you only have 1 byte being sent on ID 7a so move some of the others to that ID would be the best option.  

If you attach the HTG config I can take a look.

Thanks - here is a HTG config file (I removed my attempts of adding VSS and Temp) - HTG set all of the other CAN outputs up during the initial remote tuning session, so I would leave those be.

htgconfig.gcu

I updated firmware and ethanol % is working now, thanks!

I moved speed and trans temp to a different ID and I am now able to pick up the speed and assign it to a driven wheel. It’s coming through as a decimal (2.5kph vs 25kph) - I imagine I should be able to just x10 somehow.

I am not sure what to assign the transmission temp to though, this should come through as a value in Celsius.

Sorry I forgot this was a G4+.  G4+ is very limited with CAN inputs.  Probably the best option would be to change the CAN AN Volt parameter in the CAN stream to use a CAN TC Cyl# instead.