VQ37vhr swap

Johnny2Blades

Do you have the factory Variable Valve Lift control boxes for it?

If you are using dual E-Throttle you'll need at least a storm (with 2 external H-Bridge units) or a Fury or Xtreme (with one external H-Bridge unit) but the Ideal would be a G5 Voodoo Pro which has two internal H-Bridge drivers and 2 internal wideband controllers.

Hi Vaughan - thanks for responding to my question.

I do not have the factory VVEL control boxes, but it sounds like the G5 Voodoo Pro will be able to control the main ECU, dual throttle bodies and the VVEL system. Is that right?

I want to make sure all my bases are covered, that I can get all the pieces to work together before getting too far.

Thanks again,

Johnny

The voodoo pro can control the dual E-Throttle and the cam angles but as far as I'm aware the CAM lift is continuously variable and requires another two H-Bridge drivers which would require external units in the case of the voodoo as it has 2 built in not 4 and there is no feature currently in the software for controlling non E-Throttle based H-Bridge outputs.

The reason I asked about the factory Cam lift driver boxes is that I believe they only require a CAN based message from the ECU to set position and they will take care of all the PID loops and safeties.

You would need to determine what CAN messages they are expecting to receive, I don't think that's something we have in documentation anywhere. @Adamw has definitely dealt with some people wanting to do VQ37 engines and so may have more information on this than I do.

I dont have any further info sorry, it is not a well-supported engine at present.  I only know of a couple of users running this engine and they both have the VVEL locked at max lift.  I dont think there is any significant performance loss in locking it, as far as I know the VVEL is mostly used to reduce pumping losses at light load conditions.