Wheel speed setup

98qiksilversoup

I need some help setting up my link g4x xtreme to read front and rear wheel speed on my 1998 Toyota Supra. It has vr sensors. I have both front and rear wired up to di6 and di5 but I’m unclear how to get them working. Trying to get traction control working. 

Not really any setup required, assign the desired wheel speed to the DI you are wired to, enter a non-zero calibration value.  

If you still have functioning ABS, then you would be better to connect to the signal wires that go to the traction ecu as these are a square wave, will work down to low speeds and wont upset the ABS.  

DabPd5y.png

My vehicle no longer has abs.. I did pull the wires from the Rf and rr wheel speed. Connected the ground part to sensor grounds. Ok so I’m assuming go for a drive and just keep changing calibration numbers till it sees the correct vehicle speed ? Thank you.

You can calculate the calibration number using the formula in the help file if you know the number of teeth on the ABS rings, otherwise just start at 1000 and compare what PC Link shows compared to GPS on your phone when driving and adjust until they match.  The sensors likely wont work below about 20kmh.