GTSLink - ECR33 Skyline, Condenser fan won't work

BlakeR33

Hi guys I have a Link G4+ in an ECR33. Trying to get the Condenser fan to work, I have the AC setup to trigger aux 9 which i've set to Engine Fan 1 when the ac clutch is engaged. It won't do anything, there is engine fan 2 and 3 options which I have tried and they also don't work. 

If I manually close the relay, the fan works so I know theres no issues there. Car doesn't get warm, just find the aircon stops working in traffic. 

Thank you :)

A ECR33 doesnt even have an ecu controlled fan as far as I remember?  Secondly, the G4+ GTS/GTR plug-in doesnt have an aux 9 output either.  Or are you saying you have re-wired the fan yourself? 

Assuming it is stock wiring, I think you will find the fan is controlled either by a triple-pressure switch or the AC unit.  

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

A ECR33 doesnt even have an ecu controlled fan as far as I remember?  Secondly, the G4+ GTS/GTR plug-in doesnt have an aux 9 output either.  Or are you saying you have re-wired the fan yourself? 

Assuming it is stock wiring, I think you will find the fan is controlled either by a triple-pressure switch or the AC unit.  

Hi Adam, 

I am referring to the electric condenser fan. When I had the Apexi it use to engage this fan as soon as the ac clutch was enabled. The link doesn't do this for some reason? 

It could be the "radiator" fan - similar to that found on an S15 that activates once the air con is triggered..?
https://skylinespares.com.au/product/nissan-skyline-r33-gts-gtst-ac-fan-assembly/

While it doesn't sit on the AC Condenser, the factory ECU (on an S15) activates it for both aircon condensor cooling, and in "overheating" scenario's as a cooling fan above a certain temperature threshold;
Could be the same for an R33? - probably just pinned/configured in the Link as an AUX Engine Fan 2 or 3?
Something like this @BlakeR33?

image.png.402aefc563bf5d4e55aca7f24802dfa9.png

Slightly off topic - although both a JDM S15 and ADM delivered S15 have these condenser fans, and both have 2x 30AMP relays to control the fan - in an ADM S15 the fan is dual staged Hi/Low by the factory ECU;
On a Link NS15+/X Plugin ECU, both of these relays on Pins 9 and 10 are controlled by the same AUX1 output - so there's a fairly large power draw when ever the aircon or "overheating" circuit kicks in - I believe this matches a JDM S15 that doesn't have a dual stage OEM radiator fan.

I suspect the suggested fix in the ADM S15 scenario would be to wire 1 of the 30AMP relays to its own pin on the NS15 Plugin to allow both Hi/Low fan control @Adamw?

Thanks

image.png.44f12d8864ff29e8a94b727b549eaba0.png

(S15 ADM manual below ~ I don't have an R33 manual available)
image.thumb.png.6f8d88c42e8213f0a623a7aa1a0faeaa.png
image.png.50cc67a0a343df6133e4ef06c3e711b2.png

As I said, the ECR33 condensor fan is not controlled by the ecu, it is controlled by the medium-pressure contacts in the AC pressure switch.  Most likely your pressure is not above the medium pressure threshold or the switch is faulty.  

gKfrUj5.png