CAN setup Search Device Issue

97AE111BZR

so i recently got a g4x atom with mrp patch harness for my 4age 20v AE111, also got the link can lambda kit with wideband O2 sensor. I'm all new to this. car started up nicely for the first start but when I do the CAN setup and search for device it fails to find any device. all the wiring is good. am I missing something in the CAN setup?

Thank you

here is my Base Map I've been working on if that helps 

4AG20VAE111.pclx

Setup all looks good, do you have power and ground to the CAN Lambda?

The CAN bus statuses all look good in your basemap apart from some transmit errors but the Lambda 1 Status is showing Off so it hasn't received any messages from the CAN Lambda.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:37 PM, Vaughan said:

Setup all looks good, do you have power and ground to the CAN Lambda?

The CAN bus statuses all look good in your basemap apart from some transmit errors but the Lambda 1 Status is showing Off so it hasn't received any messages from the CAN Lambda.

yes i have power and ground that's why I'm over her scratching my head it should be working all wiring is showing power with a circuit tester just no response. is there any way the CAN Lambda is faulty? it was purchased through MRP.

Very unlikely it is faulty, they are tested after assembly.  With the ign switched on for say 5mins without the engine running, check the sensor gets hot, this will verify it is powered up. 

An issue I have seen a few times now in similar cases is poorly crimped teminals inside the DTM connector on the engine loom, if they are not perfect the latch/barb doesnt engage so the terminals push out backwards when you clip the plugs together.  So it would be worth pulling the orange wedgelock out and check the sockets are nearly flush with the end and are secure/cant be pushed back.  

On 1/30/2024 at 4:47 AM, Adamw said:

Very unlikely it is faulty, they are tested after assembly.  With the ign switched on for say 5mins without the engine running, check the sensor gets hot, this will verify it is powered up. 

An issue I have seen a few times now in similar cases is poorly crimped teminals inside the DTM connector on the engine loom, if they are not perfect the latch/barb doesnt engage so the terminals push out backwards when you clip the plugs together.  So it would be worth pulling the orange wedgelock out and check the sockets are nearly flush with the end and are secure/cant be pushed back.  

checked all terminals they all latch. The O2 sensor does get hot so it's definitely getting power but still doesn't show up when I press search CAN device. Would that mean a CAN high CAN low issue?

The sensor should not get hot if it is receiving the correct CAN message (the ecu tells it to stay off until the engine is running).  If they dont receive a CAN message within 15s then they switch to failsafe mode and start heating the sensor.  So, this confirms the device has power, the device is working, but it is not communicating with the ECU.  So yes, it sounds like an issue with the CAN wiring.  

On 2/4/2024 at 7:20 PM, Adamw said:

The sensor should not get hot if it is receiving the correct CAN message (the ecu tells it to stay off until the engine is running).  If they dont receive a CAN message within 15s then they switch to failsafe mode and start heating the sensor.  So, this confirms the device has power, the device is working, but it is not communicating with the ECU.  So yes, it sounds like an issue with the CAN wiring.  

thank you. I'm just going to take it too my tuner to get it tune this Monday they will now how to fix it I hope. witch brings me to my new question i have to drive it there 6 miles will it be safe driving there through town not on the highway on the base map provided above? I've only started it haven't done a test drive yet. or should i just pug back in my factory ecu to drive it there?

Bearing in mind I have no idea where the map came from or its history there could be many issues hiding in it, but it looks ok from a quick glance.  In fact it looks like it is probably a copy of one of my old start up maps that I made for someone.

Check all sensors read realistically, check base timing, adjust master fuel and idle base position until it runs reasonable, check fan cycles on/off if fitted, and from there you should be ok to drive it gently in my opinion.