Trigger 1 error count, cam signal error/missing pulses, vvt doesn't work

Adeeb Chowdhury

trigger 1 error counts, checked everything wiring continuity and polarity is fine. noticed a difference in arming voltage thresholds between the jzx100 map and the help sections 1jz vvti voltages. so far i was using the jzx100 base map from the software. So changed my values and will check the help sections 1jz vvti arming volts for the trigger 1 issue.

the vvt doesnt work, above the rpm and map lockout if i rev the target changes but there is no changes in the actual movement. checked the wiring +14v at one pin and other goes to the aux 1 pin. after logging came to know that cam signal error and shows missing pulses. after some time i learned that it needs to be calibrated. how to calibrate that???

would love to have suggestions and directions about the problems. thank you!

Help section vs base maps arming volts.jpg

vvt issue.jpg

VVT ISSUE.llgx

Your trigger error is likely just remaining from the last time the engine was stopped, the counter never increments in your log.  It sounds like you just need to calibrate the VVT offsets.  With the engine warmed up and running above the VVT RPM and ECT lockouts, set the cam angle test to calibrate, it should switch itself off in a second or two if successful.  

also my car doesn't start if i change my fuel equation to modelled from traditional mode. all the information about injectors and engine were filled properly but still it doesn't want to start and if i revert back to traditional mode it fires at the first crank without any issues, can someone shed light to this pls?

power tune setup.pclx

8 hours ago, Adeeb Chowdhury said:

initially the trigger count was 0 and then i wasnt logging then, i feel the error count happens above 5 6k rpm.

You will need to give us a log of the trigger error occurring, typically if a trigger error occurs near peak cyl pressure then you have ignition noise getting into the trigger signal. 

5 hours ago, Adeeb Chowdhury said:

also my car doesn't start if i change my fuel equation to modelled from traditional mode. all the information about injectors and engine were filled properly but still it doesn't want to start and if i revert back to traditional mode it fires at the first crank without any issues, can someone shed light to this pls?

In modelled mode the fuel table represents volumetric efficiency, so will be a lot different to a traditional fuel table in many cases.  Typically numbers around 60% in the idle area and 100% near peak torque area.  You can likely just put 80% in the whole fuel table to get it running.  

i have set the trigger 1 arm volt to stock 1jz vvti from help section chart. seemed to fix the prob now and you were right @Adamw calibrating the vvti fixed that issue too about the cam signal error.

But i have a question, while timing the engine with timing light i have noticed my timing is way off. locked my timing with the calibration menu as well as put the same value to the ignition table for minimal error. to get it properly timed i have to put a 15deg of offset. is that normal or ok? seemed too much to me. as far as i know it should be close to 0. thanks in advance.