Fury G4+ and Razor PDM

evo_gerard

good day everyone,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the process the setup a pdm with the older G4+ ecu. i need the ecu to trigger the fan, fuel pump and the electric water pump (future upgrade).

I would also like the pdm to power the other outputs when the ignition is switched on eg ecu, coils injectors etc.

I'm wondering how to you assign the Virtual Aux that now controls the fuel pump fan and water pump to the PDM. Am I missing a step in the CAN configuration in the ECU software?

test.pclr TEST.pdmc

I can't open your pdm file at the moment but I have attached an image below of the CAN stream the ECU needs to transmit. Note you can pick and choose which variable you transmit like for fuel pump speed you could transmit the FP Speed % runtime in the place of the "CAN Aux Duty Cycle". You can also send values like frequency and status as constants where you use any runtime with a multi of 0 and offset of the constant value that you want. Note Virtual Aux's are only good for active/inactive Statuses which is why CAN Aux's were added to G4X as they contain a status, duty and a frequency.

I'll attach an image below of sending FP speed with the output set to always active and the frequency set to 500Hz.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

thanks for the assistance @Vaughan but i think i still don't understand what I'm doing.

i thought the G4+ ecu doesn't have the CAN aux stream like the G4X ecu? I've seen where Adam recommends to use the Virtual Aux as a way to communicate with the PDM. I've setup VA2 as my fuel pump (simple on/off control), VA3 as engine fan 1 and VA4 as the water pump (GP output).

i added the frames to my CAN stream 2. Can you tell me if i'm on the right track?

As for the PDM i tried to set it up so the its manual control for the ecu (ADIO 1) and all the other ADIO and Output 1 (ignition coils) will turn on once ADIO 1 status is active. is this possible?

but whenever i close and reopen the PDM software, a bunch of errors come up.

test2.pclr TEST2.pdmc

1 minute ago, evo_gerard said:

i thought the G4+ ecu doesn't have the CAN aux stream like the G4X ecu? I've seen where Adam recommends to use the Virtual Aux as a way to communicate with the PDM. I've setup VA2 as my fuel pump (simple on/off control), VA3 as engine fan 1 and VA4 as the water pump (GP output).

G4+ doesn't have CAN Aux's but that screenshot is the format that PDM is expecting to receive data in and so you make the same format in custom CAN but insert your own runtimes which can be virtual Aux's for switched things or, like in my example above, a different runtime like FP Speed % in place of the duty cycle value so that you can control the Fuel Pump Speed from the ECU.

10 minutes ago, evo_gerard said:

i added the frames to my CAN stream 2. Can you tell me if i'm on the right track?

Your current ECU setup looks perfect for sending Virtual Aux 1, 2 and 3 statuses.