Ignition

charlesbw

Recently updated an 80 Porsche 911 to a COP system including G4X and two lead coils with an ignitor in between. The new motor has ~ 1200 miles on it and I have gone through two sets of coils(2x6), two sets of ignitors(2x2).  Is there a setting I have missed in the G4X or am I experiencing defective manufacture and/or dodgy hardware?  The coils are generic F6T570 and the ignitors are Vaico V24-70-0027.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:54 AM, marches said:

Recently updated an 80 Porsche 911 to a COP system including G4X and two lead coils with an ignitor in between. The new motor has ~ 1200 miles on it and I have gone through two sets of coils(2x6), two sets of ignitors(2x2).  Is there a setting I have missed in the G4X or am I experiencing defective manufacture and/or dodgy hardware?  The coils are generic F6T570 and the ignitors are Vaico V24-70-0027.

Are you using dwell times appropriate for the coils and igniters? Are you the igniters bolted to heatsinks? How does the failure present itself, melted plastic and deformation or just simply stops working but no visible change?