BMW PnP G4 X can gauge glitches

Greenday694

Hello, so far my g4x has been working well. I installed the link can gauge about a year ago. I used Gauge art and set up everything I wanted to see. Everything seems to be working fine except for ethanol content. The gauge always shows 0% even when I have 60% showing on PC link. 

Then tonight I went to open up my most recent data log, and I had a pop up saying that I have to update. I did the update on my laptop. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me load my personal layout. If that's the only problem I'm going to have I can deal with it. Hopefully it doesn't cause problems when connecting to my ECU.

Not quite sure of the question here.  I assume the message about an update means you were trying to connect an old version of PC Link to an ecu with newer firmware?  PC Link wont have any influence on how the gauge works. 

You will have to give more info about the layout issue, possibly it has been overwritten when you done the update if it was still using the default name. 

If the gauge isn't reading reading ethanol my first thought would be you probably dont have the extra stream enabled, instructions from the help file below:

d8c2xw8.png

Thanks for the reply.

As of right now it's only one issue. My ethanol content sensor is working, and the g4x is reading accurately. The can gauge is accurately reading manifold pressure, lambda one and two, oil pressure oil temperature charge temperature and a few other things. But for some reason it's not displaying ethanol content. Or I should say, the ethanol content that it's displaying is 0%. Which is definitely not accurate.

As for the update, that only became an issue today. So far only on my laptop. Earlier this morning, I did some data logging on my PC. That worked the same as it always did. It was only later in the day when I opened the PC link and it would not load. A message popped up, saying that I have to update. So I click the link, and loaded the update. I then tried to open the PC link again, and had a blank screen. I opened my recent file, and noticed that it had gone back to the default layout. I tried to open my original layout, it kind of did. But things were moved around. And in the process of putting things back where I originally had it, it kept freezing. Finally I did get it.

My main concern is when I go to connect to my car tomorrow, am I going to have problems?

On 3/15/2024 at 4:55 PM, Adamw said:

If the gauge isn't reading reading ethanol my first thought would be you probably dont have the extra stream enabled, instructions from the help file below: