H22A Trigger issues

NL22

-99 Honda Civic
-H22A Engine swap
-Mostly a stock engine with bolt on's, 750cc FIC injectors, 255lph fuel pump, e85, naturally aspirated.
-Link Atom G4x w/ an adapter harness to the factory harness.

I have an H22 swap civic that seems to have some trigger issues. I notice that Trigger Signal 1 will cycle on and off compared to Trigger Signal 2 and it does take a few tries before the vehicle starts and runs. Once the vehicle starts, both Trigger 1 and Trigger 2 signals will stay on like they should. I currently have 2 other Civic's but with B series engine's also running on the Link Atom G4x with the same adapter harness to factory harness and both vehicles start's up every time with no issues. I even logged the Trigger signals for both vehicles during cranking and the Trigger signals stay constantly on compared to the H22. I've adjusted the Trigger filtering and 2 seems to work the best. I also adjusted down the Trigger 1 voltage threshold on the H22 and that seemed to help a little, but the vehicle still has long cranks and the Trigger signal 1 still cycles on and off until it starts up and runs. Just so I can eliminate any mechanical issues such as sensors or faulty ignition system, I even switched to a Hondata S300(modified factory ecu) and vehicle starts up every time with no issues. Attached is the H22 startup calibration and Trigger data log along with the B16 Civic for comparison. Both engines uses Reluctor sensors, shares the same 24-1 count for a trigger pattern, and both can run on the Hondata S300 so I don't see what other differences I may have missed on the Trigger set up for the H22. If there are any suggestions or I may have missed something in the setup, let me know. If others have encountered such issue, any inputs would be much appreciated. Thank You.

H22_startingfile1.pclx Trigger log1.llgx B16_startingfile1.pclx B16 Civic Trigger log1.llgx

Did you do a Trigger Scope or did you just save a PC Log like normal?

ECU Controls > Trigger Scope and then while cranking click Capture to save a scope of at least 720 degrees of rotation. That should capture the actual trigger voltages which will help in diagnosis.

Looks like occasionally on the downslope there is some fluctuation in the voltage that gives you a second false tooth. Like the voltage dips below 0 but the fluctuation peeks back up above 0.2V and counts an extra tooth which throws off your sync. See the fluctuations in the green voltage and then the extra tooth count in pink.

trigger-double-3.png

You could try bumping up your Trigger 1 arming threshold to 0.5 or 0.6V to see if you sync quicker. Or up Trigger 1 tooth filtering to Level 3 to see if it cleans up the trace.

This appears to be a wiring issue.  The noise that Laminar shows above occurs accross two teeth, 4 times per distributor rotation and roughly near TDC, so this would be the area where the coil is being dwelled.  Most likely you have a poor ground connection to the ignitor, so the ignitor current is finding an easier path through the trigger ground.  

MYhqNgV.png