Subaru Clutch Switch

Boxman

Hey everybody, I found an old thread where Adam figured out the clutch position on their Subaru. I'm trying to do the same thing but my wiring is a bit different, I assume because it's a DBW car. 

The schematic for the wire that goes to the ECU, YR wire color, is one of the clutch switches. I can't quite understand the logic of the original post but he had said to ground one of the wires to the sensor in order for it to function as an on/off switch to tell the ECU the clutch is depressed. The black connector that is connected to the starter relay does not go to the ECU, but the blue connector B107 does. 

First would I want to switch the sensors around on the pedal? The black one is often bypassed so depressing the clutch is not necessary to start the car, which is fine with me. 

Can someone explain to me which wire needs to be grounded and why? DI 4 has been assigned to the clutch but since it's going through the cruise control, I don't think it can operate independently. Wiring is a 2004 USDM STi. Blue connector's wire 1 is YR going to A1 pin on the ECU, wire 2 is GB going to the brake switch and cruise control switch.

Thank you all for your help! I got my car started yesterday so I'm just trying to finish up the last few things. 

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.48.55 PM.png

22 hours ago, Adamw said:

It should work as is with no changes.  Make sure pull-up is off and active state is set to high.  

Still no dice... I did forget to mention the car is swapped, and whoever did the wiring (not me) clipped the wires I think were to the cruise control switch. What's weird is there's only 4, and the colors don't match up... I might try tracing them to figure out what they are. 

Any ideas on a workaround? Or am I going to have to repin in the cruise control switch just so the signal is getting a complete circuit? 

Cruise switch is irrelevant.  You should have 12V coming from fuse 18 to the clutch switch, from there it goes through the normally closed switch, straight to ecu pin A1.  So A1 should see 12V when the clutch isn't pressed and 0V when it is pressed.  

kF0QKSY.png

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

Cruise switch is irrelevant.  You should have 12V coming from fuse 18 to the clutch switch, from there it goes through the normally closed switch, straight to ecu pin A1.  So A1 should see 12V when the clutch isn't pressed and 0V when it is pressed.  

kF0QKSY.png

Turned out to be a bad switch! Thank you for helping me not do a bunch of wire chasing, that is never fun. I appreciate it!